Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cannondale scalpel 3 29er 2013 – Reasons why not please.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

So been nosing around at bike shops and have come across scalpel for £1600. down from £2600
    i have a hardtail 29er and looking to make the leap to a flu suss to save my back and wondered if there is likely to be anything else that i should consider?

njee20
    Free Member

A Scalpel is about as ‘non FS’ as a FS bike can be, unless you’re looking to replace the hardtail I’d have something with more bounce to supplement it.

Mooly
    Free Member

It may well end up being a replacement in the end. Im not looking for a hugely bouncy bike just something to help the back in the long term and stick to the track a little more.

Garry_Lager

It’s a great bike, but quite race-orientated. V forward xc position. So if you’re hammering the trails right now on your HT, and just want some give at the back then it could be a good choice. If you’re more leisurely in your approach, or more focussed on the descents, then it’s prob not the right bike.

parkesie
    Free Member

The 2013 scalpel isnt the xc race almost soft tail of old but a nice short travel 29er. Not so light either a friend has one and rates it tho.

footflaps

I’ve had two Scalpels over the years and they are excellent bikes, very capable, although I’m quite XC race biased (or at least was).

Mooly
    Free Member

And regarding the lefty? are they strong and reliable?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

And regarding the lefty? are they strong and reliable?

Yes, very… Had one for ten years and it’s still going strong.

parkesie
    Free Member

Ive got the 2013 90mm pbr lefty ive put best part of 2000km on it and its as smooth as the day i got it. Light stiff and reliable.

eddiebaby
    Free Member
    parkesie
    Free Member

That 2012 scalpel looks a bargain. Very racy bike 🙂

pjm84
    Free Member

Its a great bike!

XC and aggressive XC. Love mine to bits. Great around Swinely and Tunnel Hill.

Did suffer from understeer in places with the Lefty but cured this by running Flows rims and a 2.4 Schwalbe Hans dampf on the front. Neutral in the air but a little long in the cockpit. Just junked the Avid for SLX brakes and this has strangely helped the handling(?).

Frame can get a little flexi when pushing on although I’m 6ft 4in and 17stone. Lefty has been fine

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale scalpel 3 29er 2013 – Reasons why not please.’ is closed to new replies.