Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cannondale Scalpel 3 29er
  • pjm84
    Free Member

Looking for a 29er full suspension and this one seems to tick all the box for the money. Do I place an order and wait, and wait and wait…?

Anyone got one? Are they available?

I’ve looked at Norco , Specialized, Trek and frame options with the Titus Rockstar and Salsa. I keep coming back to the Cannondale.

Would prefer self build but frame options for full suspension 29er seems to be limited.

Not interested in Giant. Poor warranty means I take my money elsewhere. Have a tricked 29er hardtail (replaced the Giant) so that base is covered.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

arent these the ones as rare as rocking horse poop?

khani
    Free Member

Titus rockstar you say, funnily enough I built this today £666 with an rp23 boost valve from wiggle…and very pleased I am too 😀

ratherbeintobago

arent these the ones as rare as rocking horse poop?

Yes, and by all accounts Cannondale’s tendency to random & lengthy delivery times (that was meant to be cured by importing by CSG direct to the UK, rather than via Holland) seems intact. Scalpel does look very nice though.

Andy

pjm84
    Free Member

The shop is going to check European stock on Monday but I don’t hold out much hope…..

Curious about the Titus. Looks like a version 1 frame. On One appears to have the V2 but lists the large as having a 24.75in tt length. Titus lists it as being 24in which is too short!

khani
    Free Member

Mines a large V1 frame, top tubes longer than 24 it feels spot on with an 80mm stem where my large el mariatchi 2 needs a 90mm stem to feel right and that’s got a 24.5 top tube

jcopland
    Free Member

Took delivery of my Scalpel 29er Carbon 1 just last week. Done a couple of epic rides on it and it really is awesome. Super quick and super plush. Great compliment to my Flash 29er 1, but is the better bike.
    I did order it in October last year though!

pjm84
    Free Member

Okay I’ve ordered one. I have been told that one will be available mid July (Translated = August). Happy to wait but not sure what colour as I’ve been told it will be the 2013 model.

druidh
    Free Member

pjm84 – Member
    Okay I’ve ordered one. I have been told that one will be available mid July (Translated = August). Happy to wait but not sure what colour as I’ve been told it will be the 2013 model.

It’ll be the 2013 model because it’ll be July/August 2013 you get it.

jcopland
    Free Member

I would be really surprised it will be a 2013 as they’re just meeting the 2012 orders. I have been told by CSG that most 2012 orders ‘should’ be met by the end of 2012. 2013 Scalpels will not surface this year.
    The Flash story is slightly better as estimated delivery times for 2013 models is Dec 2012.
    I really hope you do get a bike in July / August, but it’s pretty unlikely it will be anything but a 2012 bike, thus not getting the new wiper seals on the Lefty.

pjm84
    Free Member

Picked it up on Saturday. Very, very nice and quick. 😀

After all the suggestions that it would be 2013 it’s the 2012 model.

pjm84
    Free Member

Forget about a standard water bottle holder. Even the XL has very little space.

bigdawg
    Free Member

does it come with the olympic featured ejectable seat post too..?!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Scalpel 3 29er’ is closed to new replies.