Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannondale rize 140mm Ride quality and where to get demo bike ?
  • Scarcat67
    Free Member

Anyone got a Rize what your comments on said bike ??

Still looking for that replacement to my Rocky ETSX, have test ridden Stumpjumper FSR 2010 M size, Lapierre Zesty 314 M size, Trek Fuel EX8 17.5", all had their good points and bad points but nothing saying yup I am the one you want !! Zesty is Top at the moment but no bottle cage on inside of frame( I want one), forks non adjustable but best ride feel of all the bikes so far…

Just don't like the Orange 5 …end of story..

Feedback gratefuuly received !!

chickyb
    Free Member

I ride a 2008 Rize 3 Carbon (Fox Talas 140mm forks). It was purchased around 9 months ago, and has covered over 1000 miles around the trails of Scotland so far!

Out of all the bikes tested (Zesty, stumpy, Scott's, pro 5 , Meta 5.5, treks, kona's etc) it was the one that ticked the most boxes.

Its quite simply the best all-rounder i have ridden. It loves being pushed hard, and is very neutral, adjustable and dynamic in its handling. Feels light and fast on climbs with great power transfer and does the cross country role brilliantly, but it really comes to life when its monstering descent's, carving up berms and pouncing of drops.

The integrated carbon and forged alu frame is a very stiff structure, with small adjustments in the suspension being very pronounced. The rear pivot ramps up beautifully, It feels like it has alot more travel then it really does when trails get rough.

The only modification i have made so far is to the stem. I have a preference for quick steering, so i replaced the 100mm stem for a 70mm.

The only negative thing i would suggest, is that its looks are nothing special. But that's down to my personal taste..

There is 6 bikes (including a Pro 5 and a Zesty ) that live in my garage due to having 2 house mates that are also bikers, and although its close, we all agree that the Rize is the most efficient and most fun of the group.

Scarcat67
    Free Member

Thx for the information..Anyone else ??

Scarcat67
    Free Member

Well, went to the local shop, rode round on it and yup instantly knew it was the one for me…so I am now the proud new owner of a Cannondale Rize 140 6 !! Can't wait to ride it on sunday now, will go for a small blast tomorrow…

chickyb
    Free Member

Congratulations buddy!
    It must be a 2010 model if its a "140 6"? Which technically will also make it an RZ due to Cannondale having copyright issues with the Rize name..
    What size did you go for ( whats your hight? )?

I also had exactly the same thing happen when i did my test ride on a Rize, within 200m of the trail i knew it was the bike i was going to buy, it just feels "right".

Let us know how u get on with it..

peteimpreza

Pictures please!! My dream bike!!

Scarcat67
    Free Member

Here you go , my new steed….

New bike

peteimpreza

In black !! Lush

Nonsense
    Free Member

I tested one for a weekend in the summer. It was the one with the carbon/alu frame and fox 32's. I didn't like it that much I have to say. I found it slightly cramped, a little bit flighty and the H/A was a little steep for my liking. I think, on reflection, that I should have tried a bigger frame. On the plus side it was really light and went uphill very well.

chickyb
    Free Member

Nonsense, sounds like you could be right and tested the wrong size. I normally ride an Medium but i found the Medium Rize to be to small for me, when i tried the large it transformed the feel of the bike..

Scarcat67, your new ride looks great, enjoy and prosper…

Scarcat67
    Free Member

I tried the medium which I am usually but went with the large cannondale frame, I feel well balanced on the bike, it is not to bad for climbing but awesome going down…it ticks all the boxes for me and I am well chuffed…I thoroughly recommend the Rz 140 !!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale rize 140mm Ride quality and where to get demo bike ?’ is closed to new replies.