Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cannondale prophet ? What type front mech
  • jonnyrockymountain

As title wanting 2 speed XT front mech but which one do I buy? Ie top pull/bottom pull and mount? Seatpost tube or bottom bracket?
    Help please?
    Cheers
    Jonny

z1ppy

E-types are what recommended by c’dale but I found them flimsy and generally rubbish so use a seat tube mountedTop swing mech (they have both top & bottom pull cable routing) one on my prophet

Simon

Had no bother with the original SLX E-type on mine.

shifter
    Free Member

Agree with z1ppy – using a top swinging, double specific, seat tube mounted, SLX on mine.

jonnyrockymountain

Thanks guys

marti
    Free Member

If your interested in a second hand xt etype mech, I have one from my old prophet, yours for £10. It’s in a drawer at work so can’t get you a photo till tue /wed. Might even have the bb mounted cable guide to go with it

jonnyrockymountain

Someone is selling an Xt 2×10 at moment would this one be ok?

jonnyrockymountain

It’s chakaping and it’s a direct mount would this work????

Scapegoat

Direct mount are very specific. You need the mounting lugs on the seat tube, and the XT mechs are specific to the chain set.

jonnyrockymountain

Could anyone send me a link to the correct Xt or Slx front mech I should buy please
    Or as anyone got on they don’t require

shifter
    Free Member
    t-p26
    Free Member

Ran an E-type derailleur on a Gemini quite very successfully for many years until I sold it… no problems with it at all.

Simon

jonny rocky mountain – Member
    Could anyone send me a link to the correct Xt or Slx front mech I should buy please
    Or as anyone got on they don’t require

I’ve still got the SLX E-type that was originally fitted to my Prophet. Pivots are a bit loose but it works perfectly, if you want it drop me an email.

EDIT: Just re-read your OP. Mine spare is for a triple, I swapped it for an SLX double specific!
    This is what I’m using now http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=83607

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale prophet ? What type front mech’ is closed to new replies.