Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cannondale Prophet – Should I change from Pike to Fox 36?
  • John25
    Free Member

Hi

I have a 2009 Cannondale Prophet

Currently running Coil Pikes but want to fit Fox 36 VANs

Cannondale say maximum fork length for frame is 530mm

Fox 36 VAN are 545mm

Has anyone ran these forks in a prophet long term and had any problems?

Thank You

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They made prophet MX/4X/X versions which had various head tube gussets and came with bigger forks, but I've seen a few standard ones with longer forks as well.

Bregante

a mate has a standard prophet that he fitted with float 36's. He's done everything on it from the maxi-avalanche series at vallnord to trail centre blasts and he loves his

Doug
    Free Member

I had 160mm AM2's on mine for over a year without problems.

If you are going 160mm on the front then get yourself a 200*57 shock on the rear. Personally I'd go for the Talas 36's to drop the front for easier flowing trails and climbing.

I used a 200*50mm air shock for all day rides but switched to a 200857 coil for Snowdon type hike a bikes and DH uplift days. I only sold the Prophet to fund a full on DH bike and missed it straight away.

John25
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback

Damn shame they stopped making Prophets, awesome bikes

peteimpreza

On an alternative not i have just fitted some Thors to mine. Can't wait to see how it rides.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

doug surely that fouls the seat tube – my prophet was very close with the standard shock

dirtyrider
    Free Member

216mm x 65mm – can only be run in FR mode

tommo
    Free Member

I've got the 2009 prophet, great bike.
    I find the Pikes fine, just out of interest why are you looking to change?

For a set of good performing, low maintenance forks they seem ideal for the prophet.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Dirtyrider – your shock has a 16mm longer total length (i2i) therefore the bb will be higher and less stable. Doug has more travel available for the same i2i but i am 99% certain at max compression with certain tyres it will foul the seat tube.

GEDA
    Free Member

I would not do it. I have a prophet normal that runs Pikes and I got a cheap MX for £500 that I put 36's on. I like the stiff rear axle on the MX but the Pike is fine for most stuff.

z1ppy

Go buy yourself a (very cheap) Gemini frame to fit the 36's to, would seem to be the answer.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/standard-prophet-ie-not-mx-4x-etc-with-160mm-fox-float-36s-yay-or-nay

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i have a prophet1 and thats got standard fox float rl

s

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

fox float rl 140*

John25
    Free Member

I enjoy the prophet and the pikes are a good choice of fork for it

I recently sold my DH bike and ride some light DH on the prophet now, the Pikes are slightly limited. Fox 36 VAN RC2s are similar in weight and a lot more adjustable

I'll hang onto the Pikes for now

Thanks guys

therider
    Free Member

i had a gemini, it was ok but prefer the prophet i have now with totems on (not the standard prophet of course) its very steady and works well (not so good on the ups)

Rickos
    Free Member

I have a nice Prophet MX frame in black that I'm selling soon. Like, when I get round to stripping it down.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Prophet – Should I change from Pike to Fox 36?’ is closed to new replies.