Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cannondale Prophet re build
  • Rscott
    Free Member

So this weekendI crashed pretty hard and cracked the rear triangle on my prophet, I’ve been thinking of changing it for a few weeks but after riding lots of bikes cant justify changing it, thelocal sheet metalshophave done a nice job of welding it and treating it but it needs a respray,one of my mates will powder coat it and for some reason i said orange, as in repsol honda orange, what can i do to break this up a little decalsor do go completly rediculouse and get lots of blue and make an irn bru bike.

RustyNissanPrairie
    z1ppy

Really like the idea of that orange! Another reborn Prophet for inspiration.. I reckon the main decals help but do like a different coloured swinging arm (black for preference) to the main frame, which is a common original C’dale paint scheme. Not personally a fan of contrasting coloured parts fitted (cables are the worst!) to break up frame.

Edit: too slow on the link 😕

z1ppy

(click picture for the original thread)

Big Prophet thread for ideas..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pevQsJ]Cannondale Prophet[/url] by z1ppy2, on Flickr
    Not a great picture but this was my old one, though I ran a carbon lefty or some 140 Rev’s on it.. really liked the original paintwork (don’t talk to me about the poo brown versions!). Unfortunately 29er wheels tempted me away, and I wasn’t going to limit/mess with the bike by running XC mode to make 27.5 wheels fit (& lift the BB).

cjr61

Slightly off tangent but can you run a prophet on 120mm tapered forks? I know that the cannondale headtubes are a funky size though. I’m looking to build a full suss 26er play bike and this has inspired me!

z1ppy

yes, you’ll need the right headset (or a reducer for the top of std 1.5 headset?) but no issue doing so.. to match the front travel a 190×45 shock will reduce the rear to 120mm too. Cannondale produced the UK/Europe only “Prophet SL” in this spec.

Rscott
    Free Member

So this weekend I’m testing out the weld before it goes for its powder coat I decided on orange with black components andndecals, I have 3 shocks for this a rp23 the manatou radium r or a dhx 5 coil, the manatou has been flawless but nit very adjustable all offer the same travel with different levels of adjustability. I’m really tempted to put the dhx on but need some convincing

RustyNissanPrairie

Mines fitted with a dhx air, it came with the frame so can’t comment on other shocks and a Prophet but the bottom out control is useful due to the falling rate of the frame. Am running just over 200psi in the main can and 200psi in the bottom out res.
    Forgot to say that I swapped the large air can for a standard small volume can. You can achieve the same result by filling the standard outer can with grease.

robred
    Free Member

How’s it coming along?

Mines a very tatty black so am thinking about new colours, orange sounds good but loving the look of that yellow one too…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Prophet re build’ is closed to new replies.