Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannondale Prophet owners, any probs with the BB shell (threads)?
    Free Member

As above really,

Has anyone had any problems with the bottom bracket shell on their prophet's?

ta muchly,
    jt

Rickos
    Free Member

Nope. I've had 2 Shimano and now a Hope BB in there and everything's good.

What's up with yours?

Free Member

Went to take the crank out and after a tap with the rubber mallet, the whole bearing cup came out (driveside) I installed a new shimano one at the end of last summer, installed by hand and then nipped up with the park tool, so no forcing/mashing of threads going on.

It's gone to a local cannondale dealer to be looked at under warranty.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Free Member

Just wondering whether anyone else had any problems with the same issue?

coatesy
    Free Member

Seen it before on other bikes, usually caused by a loose BB cup fretting away the threads. Can be salvaged by a competent frame repair shop such as Argos Cycles.

dale
    Free Member

did not have that issue but I found you had to be carfull with the drive side because of the bb mounted front mech.It would try to 'missthread' the bearing cup

Free Member

coatesey: the frame has a lifetime warranty, and as far as i'm aware was installed competently and without issue – i'm certainly loathed to spend any money on having it repaired. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a 'cheap' bike or it'd fudged it together without a care in the world!

dale: yes, this was something I was told about sometime ago, so the allen key on the frame-support side of the front-mech hanger was slackened off a touch to allow easier installation.

thanks though 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Prophet owners, any probs with the BB shell (threads)?’ is closed to new replies.