Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cannondale Prophet 2 2009 – whats the verdict?
  • John25
    Free Member

Hi Guys

I’m about to pull the trigger and order up a 2009 Cannondale Prophet 2

I have a DH bike and a hardtail but keen for an all mountain bike, something that will take a good thrashing around kirroughtree, ae, mabie, drumlanrig, etc.

Was originally looking for a pitch pro but can’t get one, so the prophet caught my eye. Great spec for the money and gets great reviews in the mtb mags

Should I get it? Or can anyone recommend a better all mountain bike for £1K?

Thank You

swisstony
    Free Member

Great value for money and more to the point an excellent all round bike that you can build up into anything from a lightish xc bike to a more burly light DH bike.

I don’t know what kind of person you are but watch out getting a full ‘cheaper’ bike. Last year i said i was fed up of buying bits and bobs so bought a full prophet but the only thing i haven’t upgraded is the front mech!

Hairychested
    Free Member

I got a cheap Prophet some 2 years ago. The original bits are the mechs, shifters and frame. Would’ve been cheaper to go for the TOTR model, but less fun. The bike is great, better than me.

riggsy
    Free Member

Im in the same boat, been doing my research and Ive narrowed it down to either the Pitch or Prophet…

Obviously with the Pitch being sold out everywhere in large it looks like the prophet it is…

I just need to find someone/shop that has one in stock to have a quick blast on now

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Pitch and Prophet 1 both got 10/10 in January’s (?) MBR mag.

My Prophet 1 arrived yesterday. I’ll let you know more after the weekend.

Only things I’m likely to change are the stem and the Hutchinson Toro 2.35 tyres. Tyres seem a bit light weight and I’m in a mini DH event at the weekend.

grumm
    Free Member

Someone selling a brand new medium pitch here – http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12607818

John25
    Free Member

Thanks guys

I have a DH bike, so the Prophet won’t be getting too much abuse, planning more to use it for trail centres and xc, keeping the dh bike for the rough stuff

Just starting looking at Felt Compulsions and La Pierre Spiceys and Zestys

Decisions, decisons, decisions……

Think I’ll get the Prophet though

riggsy
    Free Member

Looks like the Pitch pro isnt an option. Just spoke a bloke at the Spesh Concept Store who was telling me that the Pitch Pro isnt being made anymore due to low sales so once there gone there gone…

not sure how true so I spoke to someone at my local bike shop and got told the same thing… hmmmmm

IA

Anyone after a large prophet, get in touch…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-prophet-frame-large-350

grumm
    Free Member

There are 09 Pitch Pros available in America and Europe – eg http://www.biker-boarder.de/shopware/_detail_2983.html

Would seem strange if they stopped making them after all the glowing reviews recently.

sodafarls
    Free Member

“Would seem strange if they stopped making them after all the glowing reviews recently. “

And a lot of those reviews insinuated that it was a better bike than the higher priced Enduro…

riggsy
    Free Member

thats what I thought so will have to wait and see if its true

riggsy
    Free Member

may not actually be scrapping them forever I think its just the 09 Pitch Pros that are all gone as they didnt produce many due to low sales but now good reviews have caused them to sell like hot cakes..

I’ll be ordering my Prophet soon anyway

z1ppy

can you all stop ‘bigging up’ the prophet, I desperately want one but sensibly need to pay of some debts first – looks like it’ll be the end of April until I have the spare cash though…. doh! (they’ll all have gone)

IA, I’ve been agonising over your frame, t’is just what I need (though I’d love a “X” really – I know there not available this year), I’d have it if you can do finance…. 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Prophet 2 2009 – whats the verdict?’ is closed to new replies.