Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cannondale owners: Who do you recommend for Lefty and Fox Dyad servicing?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Had my Trigger for about 5 months and I think it’s time to think about the first service. Who is the go to guy for Lefty’s and Dyads in the UK? And any idea of the costs of a basic service if all is OK?

Thanks

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Pretty sure Mojo are the only people for Dyad servicing. The guy at Evans has a great reputation for Lefty and Headshok servicing and been doing them for donkeys years.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks. When you say ‘Evans’ is that the online store thingy?

peteimpreza

The Lefty may only need a bearing reset.

The new versions are simple to do at home. It should not need anything else after only 5 months.

Have a chat with TFTuned if you are not sure.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Evans in Kendal for the lefty if it needs doing there a lot cheaper and do a better job.

ratherbeintobago

The Lefty may only need a bearing reset.

IIRC the design was changed in 2012ish so the bearing cages self-reset (the same time the rubber boot was dispensed with).

The confusingly-named Leisure Lakes Nottingham (which is in Derby) did my service, and did a good job. Incidentally, TF will swap dampers, eg. changing a DLR for PBR.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks to all for the info.

peteimpreza

The design was changed but you still need to do a reset.

It’s just a lot easier and can be done by anyone at home.

See page 18 of this PDF.

http://media.cannondale.com/media/Lefty_hybrid_2013/129143_Lefty_Hybrid_Screen_EN.pdf

ratherbeintobago

It’s just a lot easier and can be done by anyone at home.

That’s not dissimilar to the procedure for my 2010 DLR Lefty (which could still be done by anyone at home), except they’ve lengthened the interval to 50 hours. In this BR post about the 2013 forks, it says that bottoming out the fork is meant to reset the bearings automatically.

monkeyp

Only if you bottom out hard enough. I am 70kg, get full travel, but don’t seem to reset the bearings. Air out and squash job does it easy though 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale owners: Who do you recommend for Lefty and Fox Dyad servicing?’ is closed to new replies.