Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cannondale Jekyll,anybody own one?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Could you give me some idea about sizing.Short or long top tube?Also how do you find the bike performing on singltrack,I can’t seem to find out what weight it is.I preume around 30lbs.Cheers for any help.

sangobegger
    Free Member

I have a medium. They tend to be great for singletrack, but because you can’t get a short stem, the steering a a bit slow. Its crap on fast flowy downhills that throw in the odd tech bit”s”. Now I’m talking about a 2004 model that I rebuilt with a 140 lefty. It’s a fab bike and I love it, but she is only out In the summer cos leftys are shite in wet weather and water ingress is really a pain to prevent.
    The weird trunnion shock is one of the most compliant and tuneable I have ever used, but if it leaks again I’m screwed cos they don’t do spares for them ( manitou version). The fox shock is rebuildable though. TBH, if you want a cannondale, check the forums in the states first as they can be a bit marmite and parts availability can be a pain for older bikes ( over 5 years).

l0key
    Free Member

Or are you talking about the newer ones with dyad shock etc JC stylee. No first hand experience to add I’m afraid, although in STW fashion it shouldn’t stop me 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yeh 2013 models to be exact.I have heard some older Cannondale frames have broken.Not sure this includes the most recent Jekyll line though.

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

My boyfriend has one of the 2013s and loves it, rides it everywhere, and spent a month riding it in whistler and the bike was fine, as for on singletrack there aren’t many people that can keep up with him, whatever the terrain the bike just seems to soak it up.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Some have suggested getting rid of the supplied forks.Fox 32s I think.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Jekyll,anybody own one?’ is closed to new replies.