Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannondale Jekyll Sizing
  • Neptune
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at getting a Cannondale Jekyll and i’m a bit stuck on sizes. I’m 6’2.5″, and about a 33-34″ inseam trouser. Does anybody else out there ride one? How tall are you and what size do you ride?

I’m coming from an older school XC bike (EPIC with a 120mm stem) so picking a bike on a set of measurements as thats all that Cannondale give seems a bit hit in teh dark if i look at my current bike.

Yes before anyone says you need to test ride it, i get that. Problem is i need to pay a deposit for the bike shop to get the bikes in so i want to try and get right one in.

Cheers
    Mark

Garry_Lager

Five eleven here and on a large from 2012, which definitely feels right. Are you weighing up L v XL? You’re welcome to try mine if you’re near Manchester.

Neptune
    Free Member

Thats very generous Garry, but i am down in Berkshire. Yes i think i am probably on boundary between two sizes – in the past i have deferred to the smaller frame, but then again i run a very unfashionable long stem at the moment

andyl
    Free Member

I am guessing you have seen the Pauls cycles deals on them? Call them and ask as they should be able to help.

rmgvtec
    Free Member

If it helps I’m 5’11 and I have a large Jekyll, I wouldn’t want to be any taller on it.

Neptune
    Free Member

Absolutely seen their deals – hence reason for asking 🙂 They suggested a Large, Pedalon near me suggested perhaps an XL.

I’m going to have to bite the bullet at some point as i am not spending that much mail order so will have to go and see.

RustyNissanPrairie

Im 6’6″ and ride an XL Jekyll from Pauls. Mine feels like a long ‘big’ bike with 780mm Renthals and a 50mm stem. It suits my aggressive riding style where you can really muscle/force it into stuff and with it being so burly it doesn’t deflect off.
    It depends on your riding style as I think you are bang between sizes.

Its an awesome bike BTW

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 10″ on a medium Jekyll and I wouldn’t like to be much taller on it. I think they size up smaller than the Triggers.

Neptune
    Free Member

I like to think i’m quite smooth/ flowing, i’ll happily enjoy muscling it over obstacles – but i’m not really into air.

I was thinking the Xl would be a sort of long travel trail bike, giving some stretch – rather than an all out ‘enduro’ bike, being set up more for gavity assist.

sideshowdave
    Free Member

I’m also 5’11” and ride a medium Jekyll. They seem large bikes for the sizings (Or compared to the other bikes I’ve got or had).

norcosix
    Free Member

I would say go for the large ! Very good choice of bike. I have the Jekyll carbon but I didn’t get the amazing Pauls deal 😥

Go luck adjusting to looking down and only seeing one fork leg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Jekyll Sizing’ is closed to new replies.