Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cannondale Habit Carbon SE 2017 vs Whyte T130s 2017
  • zilog6128

There was a thread about that Habit the other day… I think it looks mint and I’m sure it’ll ride great, although IMO a short-travel Dale without a Lefty is just wrong!

matt_outandabout

That purple – yes. Just yes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ta11pau1

Another option if you weren’t sold on the purple – just over £2k.

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/cannondale-bad-habit-2-carbon-2017/64574

fudge9202
    Free Member

Slight hijack if interested I’m considering selling my new Habit

jayx2a
    Free Member

I think I am sold on the Whyte, they seem to hold their value really well. Just trying to find places with stock now !

jayx2a
    Free Member

Rode the T130s at Quench today. Medium was too small, large was much better! Liked it a lot!

tpbiker
    Free Member

The purple cannondale looks amazing!

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

The T130 appears to be a dream of a trail bike!
    Would be my choice.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve just looked at the spec of that cannondale. Carbon frame, pikes, transfer post, x1 group set.. For 2 k..

Unless the geometry is awful that sounds like the bargain of the century.

mm93
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden either of em but on paper the cannondale looks amazing,much better value than the whyte,been staring at it for over a week now!

bwakel
    Free Member

I’ve had my Habit Carbon SE for a few weeks now and it is very purple! It comes in at 27lb with tyres swapped out for a pair of Maxxis Forekasters run tubeless and it’s definitely trail/XC rather than trail/all mountain, which is exactly what I wanted. I’ve already claimed a couple of KoMs. It’s hardly slower than my 21lb Cannondale Flash 29er Carbon hardtail up the hills and faster on the bumpy stuff and down hill. It’s remarkably plush and doesn’t beat me up like the hardtail. I have a Yeti that I use in the Lakes and the Habit feels much lighter and more agile than that but more flexy and much less able to just ride through rocky stuff, mainly because of lateral flex in the rear triangle plus the higher bottom bracket, but it’s still capable on a wide range of terrain.

At £2K it’s an amazing bargain. I rode an earlier version of the Whyte a couple of years ago and it felt noticeably heavier and less responsive than the Habit but possibly more stable on rockier downhills. Horses for courses.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Cannondale:

Every mountain bike manufacturer has his “issues” and sometimes bad luck with certain bike designs.

But from Cannondale you hear a lot of this kind of “bad luck”.

mm93
    Free Member

Jesus, that’s only like a curb!
    Get the ally whyte lol.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Glad I bought the alloy one

Garry_Lager

Surely impossible to shred the seatstays like that over what’s basically a bump in the trail? Either a freak binding event of the linkage or fake news.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Quality production issue?

Below a post from a guy who sold Connondale bikes:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/which-bike-brand-would-you-never-ever-buy

crazy-legs – Member
    Cannondale.
    It goes back years to when I worked in a shop that sold them. We had more problems with Cannondale than with all our other brands put together. Stupid proprietary parts (3-bolt disc hubs, CODA finishing kit in particular their lethally rubbish brakes, Lefty forks, Headshox forks, weird size headsets), expensive compared to a comparable Specialized, Trek etc that we also sold and invariably several broken frames awaiting warranty service which, because they had to come from Cannondale Europe, took WEEKS.

Specialized and Trek could turn a warranty round in less than a week. Cannondale you were lucky if it was sorted in 2 months.
    Posted 1 month ago #

O.k.- you might find similar opinions about any other bike brand.

rockhopper70

For balance, I have a 2004 alloy Jekyll, owned xfrom new and it’s neither cracked nor failed.
    In the time, the lefty fork has been serviced three times and aside from one bad servicing, comes back to me like new.
    That video looks to show a carbon rear end and the habit on offer has the alloy rear.
    It’d be a useful sample to hear how all those stw members that jumped in that very same model trigger psa are fairing.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Cannondale and carbon frames:

Design flaw:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/cannondale/scalpel-carbon-frame-crack-1003693.html

This will be a production quality issue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxKnK-XuhpI

Such production issues / carbon parts you are able to catch – in theorie – using a CT scanner.
    Cannondale had a reputation as “Handmade in USA” quality brand. They were sold in the last 10 years a couple times. And sad – like with many, many others brands: all the frames are being manufactured in Asia now. Is there a proper qulaity control implemented?
    First test rides of our new bikes: this is nowadays the “end of line quality check”…

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

T130 : Aluminium frame is low risk

Whyte: please check which type of pivot & frame bearings they use.
    Full suspension trail bikes and crappy weather: this quickly ends in an service nightmare (seized up suspension swivel bearings).

If Whyte uses the better design / higher quality here: I would go with the T130

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Gotta say, in true STW style of recommend what you run..

I love my T130s that my wife bought me last year.

yes, you see hundreds of them pout on the trails, but there’s a reason for that..

Spotty Dog, and far more bike thank I’ll ever warrant.

Having said that I do love Cannondale, infact, my last bike purchase was a Cannondale, albeit, a road one…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Habit Carbon SE 2017 vs Whyte T130s 2017’ is closed to new replies.