• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hrgb.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannondale habit
  • hrgb
    Free Member

As part of my ongoing search for a lightweight smaller travel trail bike, I’d like to try out a cannondale habit 3 carbon or SE in XL size… my nearest large bikedealer Rutland Cycles cant help so does anyone know where else might have a demo?

cheers

latham2104
    Free Member

hi hrgb – not really sure if i can help re demo (although if you are near High Wycombe you are more than welcome to come have a sit on my large Habit SE) – but i can sing the praises of the bike. I too was ‘faffing around’ for ages trying to decide on a short(ish) travel XC/Trail bike – fancied the Habit SE, read many of the fantastic reviews that it had received, and took the the plunge on a 2016 SE model.

I am not disappointed at all – as a serial bike changer, i was after the unicorn bike – good for local XC, good for the odd trip to wales, good for Swinley and Trail Centres – a ‘one bike fits all’ Full Sus to compliment the 29er HT winter bike.

The SE is light, handles really well, climbs like a goat, has way more ability downhill than the rider could ever throw at it, is a great colour, nice components, Lefty fork is awesome and ticks all the boxes that i was after. Its pretty stretched out which suits me fine. Dont really need to upgrade anything atm.

So over all, i would recommend it.

hrgb
    Free Member

I have been hunting for a reduced SE in a sale but they’ve all gone 🙁

I have no doubt I would enjoy the bike but, I want to have a quick go on one first at least! I sat on an XL at rutland and it felt OK but I really want to ride one.

2017 models have gone from the lefty to pike fork now too…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    latham2104
    Free Member

if you could squeeze onto a large, Triton cycles have a few in the sale…

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/mountain-bikes-c1/full-suspension-c16/cannondale-m37#t511:t427:sort1

They also managed to source me the Large SE diferect from Cannondale, so might be worth a try contacting them.

if it helps, im 6ft 2″ and a large feels right for me (top end of the charts though).

beanum

This shop keeps popping up on Facebook tempting me. They have a Medium and Large 2016 Habit SE advertised but they’re in Germany, not sure if they can ship to the UK at a price that makes it worth it…?
    Biker-Boarder

verses

I’ve also be toying with a large Habit (so to speak), but I’m the other end of the sizing limits (5’11), wonder if I should be looking at Med instead…

hrgb
    Free Member

I pulled the trigger on a habit carbon 1 2016 at a good price from Triton cycles… should be here in a few days ! 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale habit’ is closed to new replies.