Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cannondale Coda hubs
  • phutureproof
    Free Member

I’m contemplating bidding on a pair of wheels on Ebay. They are Cannondale Coda hubs on Mavic 223 X disk rims.

From the image, they appear to have only 4 bolts for holding the rotors. Is this reasonably normal? Will I struggle to find rotors that fit? I thought they were typically 5 or 6 bolt.

I am also assuming they are pretty standard QR hubs, and not some weird lefty thing…

Anyone know about these?

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s quite an old coda-only standard IIRC, I espect finding rotors would be tough and the wheels will sell accordingly cheaply (unless bought by someone who does not know better).

vinnyeh

I’m not sure what reason you’d have for considering these over a pair of more modern 6 bolt wheels- the 4 bolt pattern was a proprietary Cannondale thing phased out years back. I had Hope minis and rotors fitted to mine at one stage, but I don’t know whether you’d still be able to get the rotors. No hub sealing to speak of, and bearing life was poor.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    phutureproof
    Free Member

Thanks for info. Will give them a miss then.

“I’m not sure what reason you’d have for considering these over a pair of more modern 6 bolt wheels”

Simple…they are cheap! 😉

STATO
    Free Member

You can still get rotors easy enough, hope will make them for you (think CRC even list them). The main issue would be lack of spare parts. I have one with a goosed freehub and im going to have to rebuild the wheel with a new hub.

thepodge
    Free Member

I have a coda rear wheel and 180ish disk if anyone wants

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Coda hubs’ is closed to new replies.