Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cannondale Carbon Flash 29er. Anyone had any experiences?
  • Painey
    Free Member

As per the title really, I’m thinking about getting a 29er HT to use for winter riding and the odd XC race here and there. I used to own a Cannondale, really liked it and from what I’ve seen so far the F29 gets good reviews and can be had for reasonable money.

Are they best avoided or are they worth going for? Any advice would be helpful. I’m familiar with the pro’s and con’s of the lefty but personally I’m a fan of them.

Appreciate your help or alternative suggestions. It’s tricky for me to get to a bike shop to try one out so hence asking here first. My local riding is the south downs so nothing overly difficult.

Cheers – Chris

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I think the early ones (I think 2012 models) sufferd from cracking chain stays, but I guess they’ve sorted that out. I had a 2012 Alloy one, which was great, but the carbon ones got great write ups.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I had one for 18 months and loved every minute of riding it. – superb bike, miss it even though I ride a scalpel 29er.

ronburgundy

They are really good. Fast, smooth, comfy and very light. I would say it’s a great bike for the south downs.

sefton
    Free Member

excellent so far – the fork is the best I’ve had (used to run sids & reba’s)

nice frame with loads of interesting features. would I get another…yep

did I say how nice the fork feels?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yep, the lefty’s great. I’m no XCer which is why I sold or for an AM bike. I’ve just upgraded my forks and was wishing they did the new Supermax for in 150mm. Unfortunately it tops out at 130mm in 29″ trim.

matt-lewis
    Free Member

I’ve got an alloy and carbon 29er. Great bikes and wouldn’t want to ride any other fork including the new RS1. Loads of good deals around on last years models too. Great bikes and great frames with a lifetime warranty.

Matt

Marge
    Free Member

Good warranty but based on my mtb club friends experiences you’ll need it…

(Same statement for Scalpel)

Nice fork though & super fast

onandon
    Free Member

The pre 2012 scalpels and flash frames had some issues but post 2012 all is good.
    Paul’s cycles do some great deals on cannondales .

My flash was one of my all time favourite frames, only replaced it with a scalpel. Should have kept both 🙂

Captain_Sponge

Great fast bike, full of whippety goodness.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I rode the 2015 FSi a few months ago, Enve wheels, the lot.

Super fast, love the Lefty, brilliant for racing and Strava bagging, however, (like all 29ers I’ve tried), it was somewhat lacking in fun, it left me smiling less whilst I was riding it.

Painey
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments everyone. Seriously considering taking the plunge on one of these. May have to hide the receipt from the missus though!

Cheers

mashiehood
    Free Member

Damn it, im gonna buy one again as I miss mine a lot.

slowjo
    Free Member

Love mine but strangely, I ride my Swift more.

I found that the Flash was pretty ordinary if you didn’t ride it hard. As soon as you put the power down it is fantastic. The trouble is, it keeps calling down to the engine room for more gas. Result is that after a medium ride (30 miles maybe) you are wasted.

I don’t grin that much after riding it cos I am generally so knackered.

Recommend!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Carbon Flash 29er. Anyone had any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.