Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannondale BB30\Hollogram bottom brackets
  • kaysee

Well it looks like my >500 mile new BB30 bottom bracket is already creaking.

Are there any other options that work with the Hollogram SI cranks? The Hope PF46\30 looks like it might work?

wilburt
    Free Member

refit the bb30 and it wont creak.

neilthewheel

Bb30 needs to be kept clean. Remove the crankset, pop the seals off the bearings and regrease. Clean everything and reassemble with plenty of grease to keep the dirt and water away from the bearings. Do this regularly (I do this every 6 weeks or so on my road bike). Takes 10 minutes. No more creaks.

kaysee

Upon reflection, I think I need to rephrase my question:

I’m a tart, and a slight creak means I’d like to replace my stock BB with something expensive for no real reason other than I can.

Does anyone know of a BB30 bottom bracket that will fit a Cannondale Trigger with SI Hollogram cranks? The Hope PF46 looks a contender.

parkesie
    Free Member

Should fit I’m putting one in this week as the sram bb is stuffed after 700km.

Hadge
    Free Member

Think Ive got a couple of the Hope BB’s going cheap at work if your interested. Email me and its in my profile.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

BB30 is literally just a couple of bearbgs pressed into the frame. Buying one with a ‘name’ on it is pointless. Just buy a pair of decent bearings. Enduro, SKF etc.
    That said Cannondale are legendary for not greasing BBs on assembly. We used to pop them out and do it at PDI stage when I worked in a Cannondale dealer.
    Also…… If it’s the Cannondale crankset the interface between the rings and arms is prone to creaking too. So don’t go throwing money at bearings before that’s been refitted with some grease too.
    And check your pedals, cassette if it’s Dura Ace (spiders can crack) and that your back wheel is in tightly. There’s all sorts of stuff that can make a noise which people automatically blame ‘press fit’ for and about half the time they’re wrong. 🙂

kaysee

So I’ve bitten the bullet, Hope PF46 on the way for installation while I’m away, ready for when I get back. Need to swap some pads around to stop the new brake squeal, then I’m set to rock my gnar in silence, once again.

househusband

I hope that the inside of the shell on you Cannondale doesn’t have the raised lip in the inside that the CAADX (and other Cannondale bikes) has; there for the screw that holds the cable holder on the underside of the bottom bracket to attach to. It was something I came across being mentioned on here when I looked at replacement BB’s for mine and other folk had mentioned the issue – it means that you can’t use things like the Praxis bottom bracket.

kaysee

Should be fine, it’s a carbon Trigger so the cables loop around the bottom bracket.

parkesie
    Free Member

Hope pf46 73mm 30mm fits the carbon trigger perfect and its a doodle to install. Might get to test ride it tomorrow. The sram bb that came out was a rusty plastic piece of scrap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale BB30\Hollogram bottom brackets’ is closed to new replies.