Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannondale BadBoy sizing
  • Recycler
    Free Member

I am considering a hybrid for commuting duties and have my eye on a BadBoy. Looking at the sizing guide and being 5’10” and a bit, it seems I could be a medium or a large. For the road I have a 56cm frame, but my mtb is a medium as I prefer the “chuckable” frame size.

So, do the Cannondales come up big or small?
    Any help or advice is appreciated and yes I know I need to try one out.

Any thoughts?

Recycler
    Free Member

Bump – anyone?

Ben_H

I had a 2009 model in medium (700c) and I’m 6’0. I think it was the frame before the current model, but I expect the sizing is the same.

I actually did John O’Groats to Land’s End on it. It was probably just slightly on the small side for me, but I do ride a 56cm road frame and it was a nice, agile fit.

Garry_Lager

Cannondale mountain bikes come up small IME – found that to be the case over quite a few different frames. I’m a baw hair under 6′ and always ride a large. OTOH, I have a 56 caadx which is on the large side and no way would I want to go bigger. Helpful eh?

I did test ride a badboy but it was beards ago – at that time the geo seemed very similar to their classic caad hardtails – it was a MTB frame basically and I would have been on a large. Imagine it must have gone through some changes since then – great bike IMO.

chief1409
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2008 (I think) badboy 700 medium frame size. I’m also 5’10” and I think it’s on the small side…

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have a 2008 badboy 8 in size large. I’m 5″11 and it fits perfect. It’s a Fantastic bike especially with the alfine hub.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Was never keen on mine (2010 solo 3). Frame was too ‘clattery’.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale BadBoy sizing’ is closed to new replies.