Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cannondale Bad boy- any good?
  • DarrenH

As it says above.
    I'm thinking of putting my creaky old workhorse/commute carrera kraken out to grass next spring,
    I like the look of the bad boy, so any opinions on it people?

Lummox

Mines been superb, I have the 700c disc version. If I was to choose again I'd get either the one with the headshok or the 26" rigid. Reasons are in rigid 700c form you feel the road or rather the holes in it. Also a 26" would double as a nice rigid off roader with a tyre change and front disc increase. That said I have converted mine to a 26er with no problems taking a 2.1 without any probs.

qwerty
    Free Member

i got the 700c SS version with rigid lefty fork, fork it stiff as ****, wheels are heavy and strong, eccentric BB seems to have a release fault (breaks) but you can work around it, very long top tubes for seat tube size (suits me)

i may have a it up for sale soonish (small)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DarrenH

ok cheers guys, time to do a little research i think 🙂

akira

Some of the eccentric bottom bracket ones do have a tendency to creak and come loose, Cannondale do a shim kit that should fix the problem though, if you want something nice have a look at the new Scott range of hybrids, very nice indeed.
    Very much liking this.

DarrenH

Yep, the sub 10 is very nice!

dickel
    Free Member

I bought a s/h bad boy for my wife earlier in the year. Its a 26 inch 15.5 frame standard v breaks fatty fork and its been absolutely brilliant. It has slicks and absolutely flys along the road and is tough enough to handle light off road as well. It came on holiday with us and I used it every day for 25 mile ride and loved it. My 9 year old has taken to dropping the seat and uses it too. Nothing more to say other than we're looking out for another!

rancho
    Free Member

My bad boy is still up for sale! – immaculate size m (17")has a low stand over ht tho'. Its the standard v-brake model but a few extra's such as cannondale bottle cage / TLD bottle, tioga power stub 6 bar ends and shimano clipless pedals. Cracking bike, just doesn't get used anymore?! can forward photo's if you wish.

iainc

I gotta BadBoy 26 disc yesterday through Cyclescheme 😆

looks the biz, but not ridden it yet !

dickel
    Free Member

Hi rancho do you have pics and a price in mind?

DarrenH

Sorry no funds at the moment rancho! 🙁

rancho
    Free Member

…would want around £300 because of its condition!? I'll forward you the piccies if you like? whats yr e-mail address?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Bad boy- any good?’ is closed to new replies.