Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cannondale advice needed, please
  • matt-lewis
    Free Member

How difficult is it to fit an Opi stem/steerer to the bike? I want to get a much lower position on the bike than the current set-up.

Thanks,

matt

mashiehood
    Free Member

easy, very easy, less that 5 minute job. What do you currently have and what are you trying to acheive. I have two OPI stems both 100mm, one is -5 rise the other -15 rise. Both for sale.

mattlewis
    Free Member

hello, that was quick. I have a 2011 alloy flash with an OPI compatible stem Lefty but the stem set-up is too high for me. A -15degree rise at 100mm would be perfect but how do you go about fitting it? The Opi specific steerer replaces the old one and then is it just a matter of tightening the stem down onto the threaded steerer with an old old shimano bb tool- the same one that tightens the cap on the top of the Lefty?

Cheers,

Matt

DanW
    Free Member

Page 12 and 13 of this PDF has everything you should need.

I am waiting on my Lefty to install one for the first time myself but it really doesn’t look tricky at all. Torque wrench and a Shimano BB tool looks to be the only tools needed…

DanW
    Free Member

I also found this diagram nice in illustrating the effect of different OPI stems. Bear in mind that a -15 degree stem will change the saddle to bar distance (reach), more so than the diagram perhaps suggests since the steerer is not perpendicular to the floor but instead angled. It shouldn’t be too noticeable but the diagram is nice in showing how varied the bar position can be with different stems

mattlewis
    Free Member

Cheers Dan,

That is really useful! I still don’t trust myself but will give it a go first and if I fail I’ll take it to my local shop.

Thanks again.

Matt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale advice needed, please’ is closed to new replies.