Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannock's 'new' monkey trail……
  • BMC09
    Free Member

Hi all. After reading some of your reviews on the monkey trail at Cannock we decided to give it a bash today.
    All I can say is that we didn't come off it with a big grin wanting to buzz back round again.
    Granted that it has been built by the voulenteers and I've got a lot of respect for their time and efforts gone into the trail. We were both dissappointed by the lack of flow… Oh my god!! How many f-ing switchbacks on the climbs..
    The only part we really enjoyed was the return into the trail center, that bit has flow and excitement that left us grinning so wecwent yo ride it again and got stopped bybtje FC rangers whotold us that to ride it again we'd have to do the whole trail again. fk that! Not gonna lie to you but I did stack it after one of thr kickers sliding out on the loose surface. Great end to an otherwise un-inspiring trail.

Hopefully it will feel better after a lot of rain and some bedding in.

Just one chaps view! 😐

BigJohn

I think the trail really completes Cannock Chase. There is a wide variety of trail types all over the place and I certainly found it challenging (in the right way) and will want to go back and do bits again.

Can't wait till we go there on a Thursday night to see which sections run better backwards.

LMT
    Free Member

Why would the FC stop you riding a section again?? if go up a fireroad then your there its not too far away from the cafe.

I rode the upper cliff 4 times this afternoon, no one stopped me.

BMC09
    Free Member

just unlucky i guess…. sh*t happens… not bothered by it, just couldn't be arsed to go round again, too hot 😛

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Follow the Dog and the new sections should only be used to link up all the hidden gems on the Chase

mike_check
    Free Member

They may have stopped him going back up the trail, as it would be stupid to ride/push up that section with riders coming quick the other way.

They may also have stopped him on the fire road due to forest operations, few nights back we started up near Tackeroo and there were big logging trucks down the fire road past the beginning of this section. Again understandable, some of those machines could kill you!

They wouldn't have stopped you if there was no reason, it's unlikely there would be an FC ranger just hanging around if there wasn't something going on!

BMC09
    Free Member

they were inspecting the trails and we'd just flown past them. haha. least there's someone out there trying to look after the trails. Its a good thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannock's 'new' monkey trail……’ is closed to new replies.