Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cannock with family?
  • larkim
    Free Member

Eldest lad is keen for a day out at Cannock. We’ve never been before but travel as a tribe (6 of us – ages 6, 9, 12 and 15 plus SWMBO and myself).

Usually when we head to Llandegla I ride the red with the 15 year old, and the blue with the 9 year old (12 year old has other issues meaning he can’t ride either, and struggles with the green TBH).

If SWMBO turned up at Cannock with all bar me (school holidays, I’m at work!) what would there be for the more junior members of the tribe to get up to?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Go Ape?

larkim
    Free Member

Done that at Delamere. Keener on free activities!!

jekkyl

.the blue route- 9 or 14 miles iirc, very flat and boring but through lots of chase countryside
    .the play park at birches valley or at the visitor centre
    .woodland walk round the ponds. (
    .The remains of the gruffalo trail, I think the big wooden guy is still there.

If they want to have a picnic, my advice is to have it at the tackeroo campsite, nice wooden benches and virtually deserted apart from people on bikes rolling past but in comparison to birches valley A LOT more quieter. After lunch they can then run around the area, or cycle, bug hunt, make dens all that sort of stuff. It isn’t a campsite in the traditional way.

larkim
    Free Member

Ta muchly! Wife is good at finding fun things for kids to do, just didn’t want to strand her there with the kids with nothing to do but avoid budding enduro riders!

rockhopper70

All I would add is Tackeroo has no facilities whatsoever, they won’t let you camp there because there isnt even a toilet. Liteally, just a clearing for motorhomes.
    Might want to bear that in mind if toilet stops are needed1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cannock with family?’ is closed to new replies.