Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Cannock too many pussy routes
  • stumpyjon

I hope it gets fixed and folk learn how to ride build trails.

We’ve also had to learn the hard way ans accept riders are as much a force of nature as the rain and frost when it comes to trail destruction. You have to factor in the numpties when you build, create a chicken run as part of the trail or make it impossible to cut corners / miss obstacles. We find trees on the inside of corners and lots of big rocks usually does the trick.

stuboy2uk
    Free Member

Of course you should be allowed on the red trail if you can’t ride the werewolf slope. You’ve got to start somewhere and not everyone can clear everything first up.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek but last time I was there the guy in front of me stopped, got off, walked down it, then carried on. People seriously need to learn to let faster riders through, he was stopping to get off anyway ffs, why not just let me through then walk down it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think iDave covered this succinctly a few posts back.

_tom_
    Free Member

All the climbing,lol -there’s about a 1,000 ft of it in total on the munkee trail !

It’s a lot to someone from the East Midlands who mostly rides short dh runs like Woburn etc 😛

t-obias
    Free Member

iDave has pretty much summed it up perfectly.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    What section’s the new black stuff on?

Hiya tom…it’s about 1/2 way ’round the Monkey, give or take, where the 3 rock gardens follow each other in quick succession; the new black is an option just prior.

soops
    Free Member

Well said idave.
    There is lots of off piste stuff, if anybody wants to show me more that would be great

BigJohn

I had a lovely few hours around Cannock Chase today. At one point we came perilously close to one of the built trails but it was OK, we were only going to the Marquis Drive caff for a piece of date & coconut.

There’s lots of good stuff around, and nary a braking bump. If you (really) want to find it, follow some people going the other way to the masses and keep your eyes open for trails that nip into (or sometimes out of, but just follow them to the end, establish where you are and re-run) the trees and have a great time.

Scamper
    Free Member

Big John – think i mentioned on another thread, i’ve been off piste twice on cannock this weekend, and only crossed one group of other bikers.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    Anyone riding on a man made and contrived trail should STFU about anything and anybody really. There are miles of great singletrack in Cannock, if you can’t be arsed to find it, you deserve a bit of queuing behind ‘lesser’ riders. By ‘braking bump’ – you mean not all smoothed out gravel? Isn’t that kind of gnarly stuff what your body armour is for? If you don’t like bumps, bring a shovel and fix it. I rode Cannock

I have to disagree with those saying this post ‘pretty much sums it up’ as it has nothing to do with the OP at all and is off topic.

We all know there are miles of natural singletrack Dave and don’t need some ‘Mr Angry style poster’ as you often seem to be, reminding us of that fact.
    The guy starting the OP has a valid point, riders deliberately creating their own trails at any sanitised trail centre are doing so without the permission of those who own the land and I would also think without the approval of the Chase Trail builders who put many voluntary hours of their own sweat and toil creating some decent techy singletrack for us all to enjoy, the OP has stated this is a black trail and surely you are meant to ride what is in front of you, should you choose the black option, (it is optional after all, nobody forces these people to veer off the red route) rather than create your own ‘easy version’ because you obviously ain’t good enough yet, either stay off it or walk it you goons.

Thread now back on topic, and breathe and relax…ahhh. 8)

postierich
    Free Member

Thank god I have left the molehills of Cannock for the real hills of the lakes!
    Left before I conquered the black on the monkey will be back to skid down the pussy lines.

BigJohn

riders deliberately creating their own trails at any sanitised trail centre are doing so without the permission of those who own the land and I would also think without the approval of the Chase Trail builders who put many voluntary hours of their own sweat and toil creating some decent techy singletrack for us all to enjoy

Not quite sure what your point is there.

The Monkey was started by “Frank” as a private venture. Then adopted by Chase Trails who chopped it about and incorporated it into the overall route. Frank’s new trail is riding lovely (just off Abraham’s Valley but you’ll NEVER find it, and a lot of good stuff is being done all unofficially (mostly by Scruff) and this hardly ever gets up the noses of the Chase trails heirarchy, with whom he rides frequently.

And the Monkey trail is so called because Frank has a diet almost exclusively based on bananas. It was the excessive number of banana skins strewn about the route that led to it’s naming.

Scamper
    Free Member

Big John – the abraham’s trail isn’t the one with red dots on the stumps finishing with some nice, tight hairpins over two fallen trees? Or is that an older one?

BigJohn

Abrahams Valley is the big fire road up from 7 springs

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Cannock too many pussy routes’ is closed to new replies.