Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cannock tonight…
  • soundb0y
    Free Member

Hello STW!

I’m a relatively new MTBer, been on the road for a while. Recently I have been riding the FoD, and Malvern Hills but tonight was looking to get off work an hour early and go check out Cannock.

Looking at the weather up there it looks pretty awful at the moment. Seems to be storms until about 7-8pm?

I don’t mind getting wet, but is it still worth going to have a look or wait for it to dry up a bit?

Many thanks!

somouk
    Free Member

I live a few mile from Cannock and it has been raining here most of the day on and off.

It will all be ridable still but make sure you clean the bike well after as the mud is great at eating bits of kit.

maxray
    Free Member

We were up on Sunday and it was VERY wet though we were off piste rather than on the monkey.. like axle deep puddles etc!

clunker

As above.

Worth riding to Tackeroo tonight as the Cycle Shack MTB Evening Summer Series event is taking place

soundb0y
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, was hoping to be doing follow the dog.

jekkyl

where do you live?
    if you’re travelling any distance it’s worth doing the whole of the monkey tbh, the dog just doesn’t do justice to what the whole trail can offer.
    The weather looks a whole lot better for tomorrow (thursday) night, why not go then.

soundb0y
    Free Member

Im in Herefordshire at the moment.

Unfortunately we all work until about 5 usually so it was lucky enough for us all to get away at 4 this evening. Its about an hour and half according to gmaps.

I agree tomorrow looks great but unfortunately Ive made other plans.

As stated, as long as its still rideable and not going to cause 3 novices problems we will probably still go and check it out.

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/today.asp?zipcode=ws15#.UfkMpKyMkw5

Forecast looks pretty rotten!

flip
    Free Member

I live in Cannock and love the chase, but it’s the last place i’d be going tonight, it’s not stopped raining all day 😐

poonprice
    Free Member

If you do Monkey, it’ll ride ok as its sandy and pebbly but you will get loads of deep puddles. I’d probably wait for a slightly drier day if your driving over specifically.

Carax
    Free Member

… and it is still raining. Apart from the deep muddy black holes, and the super slippery polished pebbles it will be joy.

jekkyl

yeah I wouldn’t go tonight, it’s miserable. Tell your partners you’re all still going and then just go to the pub?!

soundb0y
    Free Member

Cheers guys decided decided to check out Ashton court Bristol instead and try Cannock when it’s dryer.

satchm00
    Free Member

Well it was fine last night always felt it drys off ok at Cannock. Enjoyed the new repaired bits at Cannock on the Monkey side.

Strangely there was two blokes on Raleigh Choppers doing Dog & Monkey last night, brilliant.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If anyone heads out there today, can you let me know please. Considering on off pieste explore tonight if it’s not too manky.

Cheers.

scruff
    Free Member

A few puddles last night, the proper trails were firm but greasy & fun. Its probably dry already.

Grockle trails probably deeper in energy drink cans than puddles as its 6 week holibobs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cannock tonight…’ is closed to new replies.