Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cannock today – water park!
  • jekkyl

Splish splosh splash I was taking a bath roun da ’bout Cannock Chase!
    Ugh clothing fail, soaked to crotch within 15 mins but went on ‘n did it all anyway, loads of lads out & generally a good time.

crankrider
    Free Member

Went out this morning too…. loooads of puddles about but one thing i do like is that there is very little mud. Had to hose the kit off though!

In fairness, it has done well for this time of year.

Things are getting a bit more blown out and rough too – love it 🙂

takisawa2

Did 13.5 rain soaked miles across the Chase to Milford & back yesterday afternoon. I’ve never seen it so wet. Seal Skin socks, waterproof boots & Endura overshoes & still had wet feet.

And I don’t think Mammoth Cycles were that keen on us trudging in for a warming cuppa… 🙁
    (Mid winter, lovely white tiled floor, but no mats down…was like Stars on Ice with cleated shoes…!!!) 😐

Riding back up to the Cadet base was like riding up a stream. Its going to take a long time for the chase to dry up. 😕

crankrider
    Free Member

Its going to take a long time for the chase to dry up.

The stony stuff is ok – ‘off piste’ (i hate that phrase) loam / mud looks like tough going.

Lets hope we have a dry patch for a while, if we get any snowfall right after this wet spell the trails will fall apart…

takisawa2

Yes, we did a few short “Off-Piste” bits but its just a bogfest, so we stuck to Fire-roads. At this time of year I’m just glad to be getting some off-road miles in.

emac65
    Free Member

Chase has been wetter than it as at the moment loads of times,it just gets more use now(everywhere) so it appears worse.Few dry days with a good breeze & it’ll start drying out nicely again

crossland
    Free Member

I did about 22miles on the road round the north cotswolds, it was absolutely soaked, with water running everywhere, I hate to imagine what the trails are like round here

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m gong to go first thing tomorrow. It can’t be any wetter than the Peaks were on New Year’s Eve when I was literally riding through streams!

I need to get out on the bike. I’m not really fussed that it’ll be minging.

Karl33to
    Free Member

The Dog was miserable so took a diversion and found Stile Cop to be riding quite nicely.

catvet
    Free Member

Wet but fast, loads of grip compared with when it’s greasy and drying out!!

kuman
    Free Member

Did 23miles today, rode all over the place. Very muddy and soft in places, tough on single speed but great fun.

emac65
    Free Member

23 miles you rode a few places….Sometimes I do over 50 miles on there & still don’t ride all over the place…. 8)

kuman
    Free Member

That’s what I meant 😉

adevaynes
    Free Member

stile cop was riding ace today

davenorth1
    Free Member

rid monkey side yesterday. rode for 2 hours with hardly any wetness off the trails but decided to do last decent on way back. got saturated, glad I did it on way home or would been a long cold ride. still enjoyed every min.the track on the left heading down to the railway bridge was fun.not that fast but kept us on our toes

jekkyl

I rode over to stile cop before doing lower cliff again. I expected to see some good technique and jumps but mostly people were just mincing down the runs.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I went today and most of the puddles were give but it was pretty muddy. My bike was making some awful noises by the tine I’d finished it.

Still enjoyed it though.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I said last week I would stay away from holmbury, but somehow, I found myself in a carpark nearby with my bike and all my kit do thought why not. 28 miles with nearly 3k of very wet climbing!

takisawa2

FtD was riding lovely at 8am this morning. Few icy puddles but in spite of the recent rain it was actually pretty good. Nice & grippy in fact.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cannock today – water park!’ is closed to new replies.