Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannock skinny plank gone wrong – Words of encouragement (or advise) needed
  • sacktwist
    Free Member

dmiller
    Free Member

Offfffft you ok?

braylee8
    Free Member

stay away from it. that's what I do!!!

maxray
    Free Member

Don't look at the plank and dont go too slowly. 🙂

Its quite easy to get target fixation.. if you look at the gloop to the side that is where you will subconciously steer the bike.

🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Focus at the end of the plank.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Heh heh – been there, done that, got reet stinky. I've cleaned it before so no longer feel the need to prove the point (or, to be honest….risk of failure and landing in the stinkydrink early in the ride is far too high 😆 )

But if you're gonna then it's the usual…total commitment, keep a good momentum, look ahead, don't look at the edge and if it does go wrong just relax into the fall rather than awkwardly trying to stop yourself.

scruff
    Free Member

Oh, and lean forward a bit, J-Claw told me that tip and he rides the Canadian North Shore like for real bro, eh.

sacktwist
    Free Member

Did the plank previously, got cocky next time around. Turns out cocky and lucky are entirely different.

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

Man! i can smell you from here…… 😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

If it mnakes you feel better cleaned it the first two times I did it third time felt super confident and front wheel slipped off in the last foot and as I was at speed over the bars landing full on splat on the upslope in the dry. A busted rib for my troubles was the outcome and much pain for many weeks but no stink of polecat pooh like you got lol!

phiiiiil

A few miles away there's a long bit of wood maybe 3" wide set into the ground that used to be the edge of a path before nature reclaimed it; it pokes out of the ground for a few metres in places.

I can ride that plank its entire length at silly speeds without really concentrating, but when it comes to that bit of boardwalk on FTD – shorter, wider, flatter – I'm wobbling all over the place. I've not landed in the goo yet, but it's only a matter of time…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannock skinny plank gone wrong – Words of encouragement (or advise) needed’ is closed to new replies.