Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cannock Or Sherwood Pines – weekend ride – where to go?
  • danrandon
    Free Member

I have the whole day to myself tomorrow and can’t decide where to go to ride, cannock or sherwood.

Ride cannock quite often but not ridden sherwood in quite a while. Is sherwood any good?

Anyone know what conditions are like at both sites at the moment?

sobriety
    Free Member

The dark peak. HTH.

MadPierre

Sherwood will be a bog at the minute. Every braking bump at Cannock will be a puddle at the minute.

beardo

The good bits at Sherwood pines are closed, well they were on Monday at least. There was a tornado through there a couple of weeks back and they are clearing up still.

Pook

The Peak District.

dawson

beardo +1

danrandon
    Free Member

Anyone rode the manifold valley thats featured in MBUK route maps this month?

MartynS

if you’ve got the whole day I’d not do either of those two.
    I believe sherwood has been massively affected by the storms with trees down everywhere. I don’t know cannock that well but i suspect it will be wet…

Go narural!
    where are you traveling from? Dark peak is a great call..

danrandon
    Free Member

slap bang in the centre of sunny North West Leicestershire. Just thought they would be easiest to get to with shops close by incase i suffer any mechanicals (which i normally do when i’ve got a full day)

LOL

MartynS

18 bikes is in hope….

endurogangster
    Free Member

I would bother with Sherwood pines with the recent weather it’s wetter than a horny otters minge!

tacopowell
    Free Member

I rode up to Pines today, The Best Sections are still closed, That and the fact that its really really Muddy (Puddles turned to ponds), I would give it a miss,
    Problem is Cannock is rammed at the Weekends,
    A quick check on Metoffice suggests the Peaks will be rather wet this Saturday,
    Whereas Cannock is moderately Wet,
    Your going to get wet either way, I’d stay away from the crowds and take the hours drive to the Peaks.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cannock ain’t bad after noon crowds wise.

jekkyl

I’ve only been to sherwood once, never been back. I go to cannock at least once every 1/2 months, never had a bad time. Had a great ride the other week, set off to do the monkey at 3.30 so ended in darkness. Those woods are very intimidating by yourself in the dark.

gears_suck
    Free Member

It’s wet everywhere and will be wetter still tomorrow. At least the trails at Cannock are mostly hard packed. As for Cannock being rammed. In my experience, most of them are stopped at the top of every climb so you just keep going and ride on by.

ahwiles
    Free Member

…Dark peak is a great call…

yeah, it’ll be dry as a bone…

🙂

(take a boat)

yetidave
    Free Member

Anyone get to Sherwood Pines over the weekend? I have some work in the area mid week, just wondering if I bring the bike or go swimming…

MadPierre

Anyone get to Sherwood Pines over the weekend? I have some work in the area mid week, just wondering if I bring the bike or go swimming…

Was in the other woods to the south on saturday afternoon and they were ok – but they don’t get battered like Pines.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Or Sherwood Pines – weekend ride – where to go?’ is closed to new replies.