Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cannock monkey trail
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Thinking of shooting over there tomorrow.
    What,s it waymarked like…
    cheers…

mattmbk
    Free Member

Just follow the 2000 Orange 5 riders and you’ll be fine.

mountainmincer
    Free Member

Easy to follow, although if its anything like it was yesterday, be careful as everything is a bit slippy….watch out for where I left rather a lot of blood on the trail…

great fun though 😀

robhughes
    Free Member

Is it that busy.
    might leave it till mid week.

mattmbk
    Free Member

If you can wait I would avoid Sundays, gets really busy. As the previous reply it’s well signposted and simple to follow, impossible to get lost. Watch out for braking bump holes and slippery pebbles. It’s good fun with great use of the available gradient.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes definitely best mid week well signed but when you cross the railway and road mke sure you turn right past the pumping station building don’t carry on up the fireroad

Scamper
    Free Member

Popped into Birches Valley for 15 minutes today and it seemed not too busy.

takisawa2

And turn right at the waymarker after the fire road climb, just past the crossroads.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

It’s bank holiday monday and kids are off school all week so I’d expect more people than on a usual week day, tues,wed,thurs probably best though.

Suggsey
    Free Member

If its raining like forecast dont expect that many but do expect the pebbles to be like ice-makes it more challenging of course to carry your speed. Even when it is busy to be honest there are opportunities to either gap other riders or groups, never really found it to be an issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cannock monkey trail’ is closed to new replies.