Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cannock! Is it all still open?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’t do many trail centres but fancied a run to cannock tomorrow to try the new stuff. It was rubbish when we last went as loads was closed. I appreciate before I’m told there is also loads of off piste and will be more than happy if someone fancies doing a bit of guiding.

willstaffs
    Free Member

Went last week and all is finally open, new descent on the monkey is fantastic!

andylc
    Free Member

I went there about 3 weeks ago and both of the red loops were open, I didn’t see any bits closed off, surprisingly good fun for a trail centre!

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’ll do then. Cheers.

jekkyl

yup all open. The berms on the new lower cliff are as tall as a man and a test of courage how high you go up them. Spin up the hill to do it again after you come to the bottom. I’m going myself tomorrow morning.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I was there a few weeks ago and the new section is indeed fun. I’d get there asap before the braking bump fairy does her work!

prawny

Watch out this weekend, it will be super dusty. Seen a few injuries on the facebook page this week from washouts. I’ll no doubt be there at first light or slightly before tomorrow too.

jekkyl

yup lots of needles in the tracks, how low can you go psi wise, 10?
    Prawny fancy going round a bit later with me? looking at setting off from top of marquis bout 9am.

rOcKeTdOg

yup lots of needles in the tracks, how low can you go psi wise, 10?

5 is optimal for polished pebbles on 26×4″

wrightyson
    Free Member

I need high pressure to aid my fat assume around there. It’s gonna be a tough choice, easy peddling or certain lowside death.

somouk
    Free Member

I think it will be all open for a few weeks, the last update I remember seeing was that chase trails are negotiating their 2016 works with the FC so no work is being done at the moment.

prawny

I’d love to jekkyl but I’m on an 8:30 curfew still til the kids are older. It’s alright in the summer but it sucks in the winter 😡

prawny

Psi wise I run mid 20s in 29×2.25 ardents tubed, then don’t check em until I start hearing mild clangs, like yesterday. Will top up before the morning to 25-27psi. currently at 13stone.

nickc

new descent on the monkey is fantastic!

hmmmmm. Not sure, lets hope it beds in a bit.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Great little run out today, definitely worth the visit!

jekkyl

It was indeed running great today, busy as a town centre on top of lower cliff.

momo

I went over today, I’ve never known it to be that dry before! Binned it once when I lost the front end, sporting some nice war wounds on my leg now.

I must admit that I was surprised by just how busy it was today!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I was 286th out of 14000 odd on strava on one downhill section. Jeesus it’s popular!

bullroar
    Free Member

I had a great ride yesterday, some solitary off piste then the groomed stuff. Grip was good Surprised how busy it wasn’t.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cannock! Is it all still open?’ is closed to new replies.