Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cannock Chase – Worth the hassle?
  • outspoken
    Free Member

Well as the title, my head office is in Cannock and I find myself in one of the hotels nearby on a regular basis. Is it worth bringing the bike for the evening?

senorj

Definitely.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Without doubt mate, I’m a local and never bored up there. Plenty to follow and much much more to explore

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Be rude not to since your already there!

I ride it probably once a month, always enjoy myself!

thefaller
    Free Member

Def worth it if your in the area.

outspoken
    Free Member

Sounds positive… A night with the bike in the hotel it is!

Any recommendations? I usually stay at the Barns Hotel, or Ramada depending where the company gets the best rates at the time…

dan86
    Free Member

Definitely worth a shot if you’re in the area!

Do the Monkey Trail extension too though!

felt
    Free Member

My work week is much the same as the OP, except my office is in Stoke. My bike goes in the back of the car each week with me, (does my head in staying in hotels all the time!). Been around Cannock about a month ago, well worth a visit.

iain1775
    Free Member

When away with work pretty much anywhere with a bike is preferable to siting in a hotel bar, alone
    Plenty off piste stuff at Cannock that’s easy to explore and organised rides can be found on the chasetrails website, thereis miles and miles of great unmapped singletrack out there

jekkyl

What hassle?

matther01
    Free Member

Head over to Brocton to explore too…no ride is ever the same twice for me (think its cos i get lost a lot! :))

bokonon
    Free Member

great unmapped singletrack out there

Except if you go on the “explore” function on Strava, you can see an awful lot of it – that said, I find it hard enough remembering where stuff is, and finding it again once you’ve ridden it can be a real challenge.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Don’t forget your permit.

outspoken
    Free Member

I guess the hassle part is taking the bike! Afraid of leaving it during the day in the boot! Our at customers sites! Ok at the head office site as the car park is manned!

iain1775
    Free Member

When I’m away with work I can fit (and lock, via isofix anchors) my bike entirely in the boot (Hyundai i30 so not a big car) just by removing seat post both wheels and taking bars off stem, it’s a bit of hassle but generally worth it as I’ve had trips to most of the Seven Staines and load of other places I would never otherwise have had the chance to ride, all instead of sitting in a hotel room or bar
    If I’m staying at a hotel I’m not sure about parking security I have a bike bag, never yet been challenged taking it into hotel rooms
    Guess it depends though on where your visiting during the day, can you not start and finish at the office and leave it there, locked up?

takisawa2

The Cannock Ramada…[shudders]

🙂

Yes, you’d be mayed not too pop over.
    Head towards Hednesford, & park on Marquis Drive. Easy to pick up the Follow the Dog’ from there. Tonnes of other little trails if you cross onto Sherbrook Valley too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If I’m staying at a hotel I’m not sure about parking security I have a bike bag, never yet been challenged taking it into hotel rooms

If a hotel challenges you on taking a bike bag in then your in the wrong hotel 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

From the barns ride over the island on A34 and up the hill, once at top of the hill turn left and youre onto treelined doubletrack or take singletrack by the fence. You should explore the next area. Or go L at top of hill, past the back of the ghetto and back over A34 towards Shoal Hill, loads of singletrack, loads. And DJs if youre a radder.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Only if you can take the bike inside the hotel… if you don’t it will get pinched from around there.

rocketman
    Free Member

Nope nothing to see at Cannock

scruff
    Free Member

I meant R at top of hill for Shoal Hill. Or you could just ride down Cocksparrow Lane.

patriotpro
    Free Member

If your there with work anyway, I can’t see why you wouldn’t just ride it and make your own mind up…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase – Worth the hassle?’ is closed to new replies.