Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cannock Chase – Trail Centre or Natural Trails (only got a couple of hours)
  • sheeps

I’ve got the chance to stop by Cannock Chase between meetings this week (as it’s often lauded and never been before).

Should I just be looking at the trail centre trails for a first visit – or better exploring the bridleways to the north?

Ta

ichi
    Free Member

If you don’t know where the cheeky trails are you won’t have enough time to find them and have a decent ride in 2 hours. Just do a lap of the Dog n Monkey.

CheesybeanZ

Couple of hrs and not been before , I’d do FtD monkey loop and save the natural stuff till you’ve more time or a local to show you the really good bits .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sheeps

Thanks. I’d sort of figured that might be the answer. Trails here we come 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

You might want to check here – http://www.chasetrails.co.uk/

as there are some closures in place on the Monkey

jekkyl

since highvoltage and devils staircase is closed, there has to be a better way over to the monkey without going up cardiac hill. Do you reckon it’s just take a left at the bottom of cardiac and find the road and then along it?

ichi
    Free Member

I find Cardiac sets you up nicely for the rest of the loop, gets the legs n lungs going nice n early!

jamj1974

Leave Cardiac Hill on your left and about 75 meters down you will see a gap in the trees at the top of a low bank. Go through gap and a nicer rooty trail wends its way through the trees. At the top turn left and then right at the fireroad crossroads and you can go along the rest of the trail following the waymarks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase – Trail Centre or Natural Trails (only got a couple of hours)’ is closed to new replies.