Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannock Chase rainy but perfect…upgrades make a bike!
  • slimsi
    Free Member

Went to Cannock yesterday and ok it was v wet but we are mountain bikers and loved every minute!

Such a great quick course and felt all the upgrades on zesty were coming together to make an awesome bike!

Wheels – haven’s so much lighter and stiffer make cornering amazing!

Tyres – Hans Dampf doesn’t mater if its wet they just stick…

Dropper post – finally feel I mastered it and used correctly for improving my smoothness and performance

Brakes – wet and sandy yesterday but the XT trails still stopped on a penny and didn’t rub the whole time like crappy formula’s

Wide bars & short stem – control over rocks was awesome and downhill made weight shifting so so easy

Saddle – so comfy didn’t notice I’d ridden

Pedals – spanks spikes just awesome grip wise on a wet day with 5tens

All in all loved the day and loved my bike it’s was ace before but careful upgrades make it so much better!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Good stuff – I quite enjoy Cannock. It’s my nearest official place to ride, so I spend a fair bit of time there. The Monkey trail is great, especially the last two descents and the black bits are good fun.

I’m a big fan of the Hans Dampf’s; so far they seem to have worked well in all of the conditions that I have ridden in so far.

How muddy were the trails yesterday? I’m getting my new frame tomorrow so it looks like its going to get plastered on its first outing!

slimsi
    Free Member

Love the monkey trail and all was open but streams down some of the hills…

Ftd was closed at high voltage and bomb hole which was a shame as they good trails but still great day!

Hans Dampf are great as they can cope no matter what conditions when you arrive!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Nice! I’ve found that in the summer a lot of the off piste stuff drains faster than the offical tracks (although this is reversed once the winter arrives).

High Voltage has been closed forever – they need to hutty up and get it open because I really like that section. The Dog feels a bit rubbish without it.

MrsToast
    Free Member

High Voltage has been closed forever – they need to hutty up and get it open because I really like that section. The Dog feels a bit rubbish without it.

The harvesting contractors have just finished on High Voltage (and moved onto The Bomb Hole), so now it’s just a matter of repairing the damage. Trail building sessions are generally every Sunday*, meeting at 9.30 – 10am at Swinnertons. The more people that help out, the faster the section can be re-opened!

*Not this Sunday, as most of the regular volunteers are riding at Mountain Mayhem or doing London to Brighton.

tazzymtb

was out last night on the chase, trying my new upgraded surly knard with a suspension fork. 29+ 3″ front wheel with 100mm suspension = unstoppable monster truck action….haven’t laughed so much in ages.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mrs Toast – sods law that the one Sunday I’m free there’s no trail building! If I’m honest it is something that I do need to get involved with given that I’m up there a fair bit. I do my bit defending it though when people start to put the boot in though (I didn’t mean to sound like I was putting the boot in about teh Dog – High Voltage is one of my favourite bits of the Dog).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase rainy but perfect…upgrades make a bike!’ is closed to new replies.