Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cannock Chase Question….
  • majorclanger
    Free Member

Morning all…

Intending to head to Cannock Chase for the first time tomorrow. The forecast is driving rain all afternoon which doesn’t worry me except that I’ve been told that FTD and the Monkey Tail are really not good in the wet. Is this true?

It’s a 6 hour round-trip for me so don’t want to arrive to find that the advice is correct, however unlikely it sounds!

Thanks for any input…

old_mtber
    Free Member

Give it a miss in heavy rain especially if you have a long drive to get there. Cannock grit eats disc pads in the wet!

v8ninety

The braking bumps are REALLY dangerous in the wet, be prepared for the fact that you may die.*

*not strictly true

scruff
    Free Member

6hrs is a long drive to ride Cannock Chase. But anyway it doesnt get muddy but there may well still be deep puddles and there are a couple of sections closed with diversions. The underlying pebbles often trouble folk who are used to wet grippy rocks.

edit- weather looks Ok, just a few showers.

votchy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t do a 6hr round trip for Cannock personally, Monkey trail is pretty much knackered and needs a real going over to bring it up to scratch, wet conditions don’t have much bearing on the braking ruts and potholes in the surface, might be worth checking which sections are closed too as invariably something is shut

majorclanger
    Free Member

Thanks for the input chaps, I’ll think I’ll wait until the weather improves. Assuming it ever does………

rocketman
    Free Member

It’s a 6 hour round-trip for me

I practically live there and for 6 hours I would not recommend it even if I had a prototype Santa Cruz trail bike and a team of naked girls to clean it afterwards

There must be somewhere closer to where you live

RoterStern
    Free Member

Why not head over to Wales? It always rains there anyway and the trail centres there are better equipped to handle a bit of moisture.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase Question….’ is closed to new replies.