Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cannock chase – parking for night ride
  • paulwf

I am going to be riding at Cannock later in the week as am nearby with work. I won’t be finished riding until 6.30ish and I think the car park near Swinnerton cycles closes at dusk – where should I park?

Nick

Birches Valley

bokonon
    Free Member

Marquis Drive – Brindley Heath Road junction “Cannock Chase Visitor Centre” has parking near Follow the Dog, where the trail is near the one way road bit there is parking that is 24hr – ideal place for night rides – you can see the trail and the parking on google maps, if you look on street view, there are three cyclists getting ready to ride just next to the entrance.

willstaffs
    Free Member

Your right the car park does close, I always park at Marquis Drive, can jump straight onto Follow The Dog trail from there.

Nick

I meant Marquis Drive, doh!

Picto
    Free Member

Barley Mow at Milford. Access the Chase at Miford
    Common. Have a post ride beverage. There is a ride from
    Mammoth, the bikeshop,at 6.30 on wednesday i think. Have a look on the mammoth lifestyle forum.

jekkyl

I always park at the little carpark opposite the entrance to tackeroo campsite. All you have to do then is cycle through the edge of the campsite and join the trail with tackeroo bit. Postcode is
    WS15 2UA

bigmick25
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    I always park at the little carpark opposite the entrance to tackeroo campsite. All you have to do then is cycle through the edge of the campsite and join the trail with tackeroo bit. Postcode is
    WS15 2UA

I also always use this car park as its great base for all the off piste natural trails and it never closes.

somouk
    Free Member

The barley mow is a nice place to park for a post ride bevvie but it is a jaunt up to the marked trails. I normally jump on the blue route and spin up to Marquis drive to join the dog.

Scamper
    Free Member

Just keep to the main trails to avoid Pig Man, cucumbers or single speeders.

paulwf

Thanks for the replies, I used the Marquis Drive – Brindley Heath Road suggestion which was perfect!

scruff
    Free Member

Did you see Pig Man?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cannock chase – parking for night ride’ is closed to new replies.