Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cannock chase in the wet?
  • benman
    Free Member

Thinking of heading to Cannock for the first time this Friday afternoon, but a bit concerned about how wet it might be?! Does the trail suffer badly in the rain?

Thanks in advance!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I generally find that it gets a bit muddy and a bit slippy when it has rained.

phiiiiil

FTD gets a bit puddley but stays perfectly rideable. Be aware there are a few bits closed at the mo for maintenance; have a look at the ChaseTrails website.

benman
    Free Member

Cheers Phiiiiiil I will check it out. So it doesn't turn into the bog riddled fest of Sherwood Pines then…

Crell
    Free Member

It's fine, but I'd stay off the first woodwork section from bitter experience.

mysterymove
    Free Member

Was there last night, it's all good, bit slippery [read 2 wheel slides ;o)] but yea it's fine in the wet, did get home looking like i'd been playing in a very wet sand pit tho….

st

As all of the above, after rain puddles and wetness become evident.

Second 2 sections (inlcuding both timber boardwalks) are closed at the moment for maintenance.

nickc

I don't think I've ridden the Chase in the dry….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

section 13 is awesome in the wet, best i can describe it is like skiing, although ive never been skiing.

No grip at all, your just going flat out and letting the bike drift right the way up the berms 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

I think i prefer it a bit damp tbh, on the rare occasions it is really dry its quite sketchy but maybe I am just not used to dry trails! 🙂

LMT
    Free Member

No probs in the wet, only problem is 3 sections are closed, leading to a very short trail, if you know the area even the monkey has been closed as prep for phase 2.

Not worth the trip unless you know the chase well

benman
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info guys, might give it a miss then until it all reopens.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cannock chase in the wet?’ is closed to new replies.