Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cannock chase diversions
  • bombjack
    Free Member

Yo, hoping to get out on Sunday and fancy giving Cannock a bash, haven’t ridden there before and its a 2 hr trip… is it worth the effort with the current trail diversions in place? FWIW I was hoping to ride both monkey and FTD trails.
    Cheers
    BJ

shindiggy
    Free Member

According to the website (chase Trails) only a small part of FTD is closed and some of the DH runs are closed for maintenance.

So still plenty to ride, i’m riding there Sunday too but its only 30 minutes away from me.

bigmick25
    Free Member

Went last week and three sections were closed
    Tight squeeze which is the first downhill section on the monkey.
    lower cliff which is the last downhill section on the monkey
    Aunt flow which is the undulating section after kitbag hill and before the bomb hole.

Took me 1hr 30m to ride the full loop so not sure I’d want to drive 2 hrs for it.

That said there are loads of natural ‘off piste’ trails if you want to make up a decent ride.

BlobOnAStick

As above.

Another thing I’d point out is that if you follow the signed Monkey Trail route there’s only about 20 yards of the FTD that you don’t do, they aren’t separate trails.

Scamper
    Free Member

A fair few diversions will be in place in the future, taking out all the cobbles which will be causing Hora pedal strikes on his new `custom’ bike 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cannock chase diversions’ is closed to new replies.