Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cannock Chase Conspiracy
  • adsbatts89
    Free Member

As mentioned last week, I’ve start to reguallry emit thought pollution through the medium of a blog. A few said they would like to read it again if I did any more. So if you fancy a read, here is a write up (plus pics) of last weekends ride at Cannock Chase and its accompanying conspiracy theory.

https://tinapedalturner.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/cannock-chase-conspiracy/

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Bon.. Liked the photos too!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Like 🙂

I do agree though, it’s nice to go to Cannock or Swinley, or Llandegla, and be fairly sure of what you’re getting, 1-2 hours of moderate raddnes without any of the faffing, planning, hike-a-bike through bogs or even much rain under the tree cover. It’s not the same, but it’s still good fun.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Cheers!
    Yer, they aint all that bad. Especially this time of year.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve rode cannock for the last 3 weeks because the local stuff is wrecked. I’m very lucky in the fact that locally I can ride for 3 hours without repeating anything but in the same sense cannock is only 45 mins away and far easier to navigate at the moment. Mud is fun until it’s 4″ deep up hill….
    Forgot to add nice blog btw.

rOcKeTdOg

i don’t know why but i catalogue “trail head” in with “colorway” in the section titled “things that annoy me for no reason”. I much prefer “start of the trail” but then i also wouldn’t mind queuing at the start of it along with a few british style “no, after you Sir/madam” interactions.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

I only use the term trail head so people don’t get the location confused with the trail arse. Common sense innit.

thepodge
    Free Member

I liked the other 2 posts, not read the Cannock one, but they seem a tad short.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

They are quite short to be honest. I’m still finding it difficult to get to grips with set structure/style of writing. Constructive criticism welcome.

Chainline
    Free Member

it is handy, especially when you want to get your kids started. I have young daughters and its a good place to introduce the beginnings of difficult riding without destroying their soul immediately with endless gates, bogs and slogs of many many hours at a time. It’s easy to put them off completely and quickly with natural riding in this country I think unless you have kids with some kind of inbuilt masochism.

It’s also helpful for protective but trying not to be Dads if I’m honest. There is enough braking bump gnarr to develop corner entry and mid corner control and enough features to prepare them for harder stuff. Hell the surface is perfect for developing their ability to manage (a lack of) grip…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Bloody love Cannock. Bloody love the Peak District. Sometimes I want to ride one and sometimes the other. Fortunately I’m about halfway between Cannock and the Hope/Derwent Valley honey pot so either is convenient.

I 100% agree with Chainline that Cannock teaches skills – cornering – that a lot of the straight-line Peak District can’t.

jekkyl

Think I missed a bit, what’s the conspiracy? That trail centres are built to lure people from the hills? (I realise it’s lighthearted btw)

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Trail centres are built by the golf industry to gradually turn mountain bikers to the rightful British and expensive weekend past time of golf.

thepodge
    Free Member

adsbatts89 – They are quite short to be honest. I’m still finding it difficult to get to grips with set structure/style of writing. Constructive criticism welcome.

I’m no writer so its still better than I could do.

I find the Unduro blog http://unduro.co.uk/ by a fellow forumite just about the right length, long enough to be interesting, short enough to stay interesting.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bloody love Cannock. Bloody love the Peak District. Sometimes I want to ride one and sometimes the other.

Sums it up for me too.

I tend to ride a lot of trail centres because I pretty know what I’m going to get when travelling somehwere new to ride. Most are pretty good, so I’ll have fun.

Equally, I’ve had some great days out in Brecon, the Peak District etc.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

I find the Unduro blog http://unduro.co.uk/ by a fellow forumite just about the right length, long enough to be interesting, short enough to stay interesting.

Cool, I’ll check it out.

garage-dweller

Like that. 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Slagging trail centres – check
    Golf mention – check
    Middle class dropped in there – check

They’re going to love you here, for you are true STW to the bone.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Slagging trail centres – check

Only in jest. I love them really!

jfmc
    Free Member

… the hills hold buckets of adventure oils which lubes the suspension of our mind.

🙂 Brilliant! I might steal that line…

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Peak district themed content in blog-ular format. You might need a cuppa with this one it’s a bit longer than the last one. Pictures and contrived metaphors galore.

As always, constructive criticism very welcome.

https://tinapedalturner.wordpress.com/2016/02/04/the-indignity-of-riding-a-mountain-bicycle/

thepodge
    Free Member

Get rid of the adverts at the bottom and as much as everyone knows about it, maybe best to avoid advertising one of the most controversial down hills in the Peak.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase Conspiracy’ is closed to new replies.