Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cannock Chase Black Run
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Hi,

At the start of the black run where it splits from the red Monkey Trail there is a tight left turn followed by a quite noticeable drop (if you have been you will know which one i mean), does anyone know how high that drop is?

Ta

mindmap3
    Free Member

Two foot tops? I’m not sure really. I don’t think it’s all that high.

pondy
    Free Member

A foot, maybe a little more?

pondy
    Free Member

I think it appears bigger as being right after a tight corner you go over slowly, that is if we are talking about the same bit

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Maybe 18 inches vertical. My chainring just clears it so with some front suspension squash it would hit it so I don’t roll it and manual off it – well, sort of manual.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just thinking about it – maybe not as much as 18 inches, a tad over 12 maybe.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Thanks a lot 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Six foot, at least. Did it last night, was like rampage all over again

phiiiiil

The bit on the original monkey?

It’s all rollable, ‘cos I’m a big mincer and I always go that way and haven’t died yet…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It’s rollable….just….although I think rolling it is more dangerous as you end up uncomposed, pretty easy to head plant a tree on that section.

davesmate
    Free Member

I’ve always struggled with that, not so much for how high it is but because it’s right after that tight lefthander. the section was closed last time I was there but I’m there again next Thursday and determined to clear first go.

maxtorque

Judgeing by the massive crowd of bystanders and gawkers last time i went, i think the drop must be 25 foot at least…… 😆

rocketman
    Free Member

Yeah 25 ft minimum

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Max, I guess that it’s a pretty good bit to section and practice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase Black Run’ is closed to new replies.