Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • cannock chase
  • duckers
    Free Member

possibly going to be in the area next week some time, what should i ride and how well signposted is it?

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Ride from Birches Valley Visitor Centre starting at Swinnerton Cycles and follow the signposts – take the left hand route at the sign for Monkey Trail about 3 miles into the trail to ride all of the new stuff – enjoy. It's very well signposted with only a couple of sections closed for maintenance. It's all dry and dusty at the moment and riding great.

_tom_
    Free Member

The Monkey Trail is the one to ride, so much better than FTD. Couple of the switchback climbs are almost enjoyable in places. Descents are great fun – I'd imagine with more confidence I could get some serious speed up down them.

Then just follow all the red markers, very easy to follow!

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Unless you know where you are going you need to ride both – The Monkey Trail is an addition to the Follow the Dog Trail that you take half way round. To get back to the start you then re-join the Follow the Dog and ride the rest of it back to the visitor centre. Should take you between 1 and a half to 2 hours to lap both trails depending on fitness/traffic etc…
    Best UK man made trail IMO – but then I'm biased cos I live 3 miles from it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘cannock chase’ is closed to new replies.