Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannock chase
  • r300chris
    Free Member

Hey…

Im off to cannock chase for a week from Monday with 8 other MTB riders. Anyone been there lately? I read that they were doing some work on the trials from February, are they done with that now?

Last time and the only time I been there before it was very dry (last year)… Whats it like drainage wise with all the wet weather we have had?

Cheers
    Chris

thered

It is wet and the rebuilding is not completed, your bottom (& probably the rest of you) will be soggy come the end of the ride

darryl1983
    Free Member

I went on Tuesday and it was pretty dry, just the odd puddle that were mainly avoidable. I suspect it’ll be pretty wet now though. I’ve only been a couple times now so can’t say how well it drains.

Just one section on the monkey trail that’s closed currently. I ended up skipping the first section all together and therefore the closed section at the top, and doing the second and third climbs and descents three times, before ending back to the car park along the follow the dog trail.

bamboo
    Free Member

It was very wet yesterday (but fun!), but it generally drains very well so you may be in luck. I heard that the final section of follow the dog is going to reopen this month.

kayak23

Im off to cannock chase for a week

A week?! 😯

somouk
    Free Member

You’ll have the signposted trails done in a day…

Get some exploring done as well and you could fill another day or two!

At least it’s not far off to the FOD or Sherwood as well.

r300chris
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.. 🙂 Sounds like most of the construction should be complete at least.

Yes, a whole week of MTB! I live in SE Kent so its worth going for a week to make the most of the trip up. Taking a day or two out in north wales too while we are up there.

iain1775
    Free Member

Don’t forgt to buy your permit before setting off on your ride 😉

Scamper
    Free Member

Only a small section of the monkey is closed and the last couple of mins of Follow Your Dog. Not as if you are diverted along 30 mins of fireroad.

adi66
    Free Member

But there is a awesome ( off piste) very steep technical decent that’s closed too… Hope it’s still there when the FC have done there stuff.

Drillski
    Free Member

Suggest looking to the peak district too, you’re only an hour away. Look for rides based in Castleton/Edale etc for easily accessible from Cannock area.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannock chase’ is closed to new replies.