Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cannock – cellphone reception?
  • prettygreenparrot

Eager to get to Cannock with folks from Dukinfield CC on Monday but I have to squeeze a meeting into the afternoon. Any experience of the 4G or even 3G reception there on Three?

Their reception checker info is…confusing.

For the Chase Trails postcode WS15 2UQ. Three says “4G coverage in WS15 2UQ Not available.” and “Great news. Our new 4G Super-Voice signal is available in this area, kicking Indoor Blackspots’ ass.”

jekkyl

Cancel your stupid meeting and enjoy a day of cycling ‘sorry there was no phone reception’

prettygreenparrot

@jekkyl 🙂

It’s a meeting I want to, and need to, run and Monday is the only day for it before June. And June will be just too late. Far too late. Maybe having my cake and eating it is just too greedy.

oliverracing

Good luck, there are good places (top of lower cliff have watched videos before) but most isn’t great.

rocketman
    Free Member

I’m on Three and coverage is patchy. Higher up and in the open areas it’s ok but in the trees and random dips it’s No Service. Having said that from ride point of view it changes every 500m so you’re never far away from a signal.

jekkyl

Oliver, just curious, why did you want to watch videos on top of lower cliff and what video could be more entertaining than hooning down singletrack?

oliverracing

Oliver, just curious, why did you want to watch videos on top of lower cliff and what video could be more entertaining than hooning down singletrack?

Mate had blown his tyre apart (on the climb 😯 ) so we had stitched and glued it together and we were waiting for the glue to set as none of us had any tubes and only one CO2 canister. Videos were stuff like “How to Make a Sick Mountain Bike Edit” so still MTB related…

prettygreenparrot

Cheers. Maybe I’ll err on Jekkyl’s side and take a chance.

prawny

I live on the chase and was with three until recently. You get call reception over most of the chase, especially the main routes, unlikely to get 4g though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cannock – cellphone reception?’ is closed to new replies.