Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • cannock braking bumps
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

even the black bits?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Agree with Bushwacked – all this moaning about brake bumps comes across as just a way of expressing how fantastically smooth you all ride.
    Interesting total ignoring of the request for help in maintaining the trails as well. 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

how so?

Jeffus
    Free Member

maintaining trails sounds good if I was local I’d give it a go, get some sneaky table tops built 😀 just borrowing the digger for a minute :mrgreen:

iDave
    Free Member

if you’re on a man made trail you should STFU or get a shovel out and make it how you think a mountain bike trail should be. heaven help you if you found yourself off the beaten track and there’s a fallen tree on the trail. as for peoples cars, in what way are you affected by someone else’s vehicle? utterly tragic post by the OP. try a velodrome.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

How so- if you want it to be smoother turn up with a shovel and it will be so- easy!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

It’s not local to me

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ok then just put some cash in the box at swinnos and the pixies will sort it out for you 😉

scruff
    Free Member

just borrowing the digger for a minute

Apart from a few bits very early on made by Clixbys it was all made by hand.

http://chasetrails.blogspot.com/

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve helped out at FTD a few times on the building days, it’s was enjoyable and I met a few new people, you can also give your input as to how you think the trail should be. This would be the better solution than posting on here. As others have said if you don’t like it flatten it.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thats good scruff, substitute digger for shovel then 😀 I rode Cannock 3 weeks back thought it was great, new bits were awesome, braking bumps can’t say they ruined my day, have you been to Drum Lanagyn in Scotland, the roots are like braking bumps all the way round, again another great trail, certainly get used to roots there 😀

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Just float over them using rad skillz. 😆

Blower
    Free Member

Sure we’d all like perfectly smooth amazing singletrack but we can’t all have that.

not bothered for smooth miself,prefer some kind of terrain,maybe similar to the stuff up on them hills-mountains,.

A bridleway yesterday with not a braking bump in sight.

It’s such a shame they are reserved for elite riders and trail centre riders are not allowed on them.

weeble
    Free Member

The braking bumps are so bad I’ve seen people wearing body armour and full face helmets riding up there tonight!

Chainline
    Free Member

Rumours of a new traffic light system to be installed on the Dog/Monkey trail with a tandem lane 😆

I find that even with all those braking bumps my previously massively overbiked ‘160 bike’ comes into its own. I can still pretty much rail into all them berms.

Its the nearest proper riding to me and got to say I still love it and huge respect to chase trails. I have stopped taking a rigid single speed there now as the switchback climbs are tough in the winter 34/16 and the braking bumps do spoil the fun on a rigid but hey, that’s what the sussers for 😆

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘cannock braking bumps’ is closed to new replies.