Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cannellini beans & Lentils combo- jeeeeessus
  • hora
    Free Member

I made a Chorizo and Cannellini bean/lentil connoction last night.

Since then I’ve sounded like a ripped piece of paper, its epic. I could actually use my arse to play the trumpet.

Is this normal?!!!

Foul foul stench too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My kind of food ! I have to report it generally has a similar effect on me too

FWIW dried beans/lentils soaked overnight are much more tasty, I cannot comment on the relative after effects though

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Perfectly normal, and can be highly entertaining, or highly embarrassing, depending on your situation.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Yesterday something strange happened.

Lunch was onion bread with cheese and spanish onion. Pickled shallots on the side.

Peanuts and beer out last night. Followed by quick blast on the bike. Followed by kebab and diet coke.

I never knew that exact combination could be so chemically contaminant.

Member of the house actually said the word *gAK!* this morning. Have offended self even. Can’t even walk away from it. like a low mist.

jimmy

I eat plenty of lentils and beans and make plenty of noises. But a couple of weeks ago I made a lentil lasagne. Nice as it was, the after effects resembled a melted snickers between my butt cheeks. No wiping, straight to shower 😯

hora
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Did you use dried beans? If so, did you soak them overnight and give tem a rolling boil for 10 mins before cooking?

Beans and pulses don’t affect me 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Tinned beans- is that bad?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What’s the difference between a chickpea and a Cannellini bean?

molgrips
    Free Member

Tinned beans- is that bad?

No, it’s good. It’s just a little more expensive, but you get them soaked and cooked perfectly which I’m finding is quite hard to do at home without making them mushy or losing the skins.

It’s also easier to toss them into a sauce/stew and cook to the requirements of that, rather than having to simmer for ages to cook the beans and consequently cook the rest of the flavours to death.

Rinse all the slimy gunk off the tinned beans first though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No-ones going to pay to have a Cannellini bean on them

Boom tish

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m on a self imposed lentil ban. They’re just not worth the grief.

retro83
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member

No-ones going to pay to have a Cannellini bean on them

Boom tish

😆 good effort sir

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Isn’t the lentils thing just an urban myth? Never had a problem with them either, other half a vegan and we eat together so we get through a fair few in curries, chillies, burgers, casseroles or wotnot. Ne’er a notable parp to my memory.

Peanuts, beer, chips, cheese, doner, stuff like that I find are key ‘agents’ for a brew.

slowoldman

This talk of cooking chickpeas reminds me I long to master lovely soft spicy chickpeas like those I get in This and That. I don’t know how long they cook them for but they are beautiful.

Jakester
    Free Member

Malvern Rider – Member

Isn’t the lentils thing just an urban myth? Never had a problem with them either, other half a vegan and we eat together so we get through a fair few in curries, chillies, burgers, casseroles or wotnot. Ne’er a notable parp to my memory.

Probably your definition of ‘memorable’ has been distorted by company…

wwaswas

Foul foul stench too.

well your cold must be getting better then 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Isn’t the lentils thing just an urban myth?

Not in our house, it’s like the last night of the proms after anything lentil based.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’ve done the “chicken with 2 pounds of garlic” dish, old Floyd recipe IIRC. I basically stunk of garlic for 2 days, farted pure garlic a lot, and had a general fug of garlic about me – so much so, I got really fed up with it!! Never again, tasted good though 😀

slowoldman

Many many years ago I was climbing in the South of France with a friend. Every meal we cooked was well laced with garlic. A few days in, climbing in the heat of the afternoon, I raised an arm to reach a hold and the stench from my armpit almost made me lose consciousness.

mogrim

Summer’s coming*, and that means Salmorejo and Gazpacho, and lots of raw garlic 🙂

* only 3 months!

hora
    Free Member

So I’d been sat on my cycle jacket all afternoon.

Its now in the washing machine as it stinks

somafunk

Beans aren’t that bad for arse explosives or stench, you’ve just got to know how to prepare and cook them (smug vegi for 25yrs 😉 )

However the stench that my boss leaves in the toilets at work leaves very little to the imagination, (he’s a basic british meat eater, nothing but meat as he doesn’t trust any veg or that foreign restaurant muck). It smells just as bad as the slaughterhouse rendering bins that i pass on the way to work, even in the height of summer i’d go as far as to say that the slaughterhouse bins from 100ft smell less rancid that what comes out his arse, utterly putrefying in the extreme.

nostoc
    Free Member

No problem with beans and lentils here. Dried apricots is another matter.

And for super soft chickpeas give them an hour or so in a pressure cooker

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cannellini beans & Lentils combo- jeeeeessus’ is closed to new replies.