Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Cann Woods Help
  • bwizz
    Free Member

Cann Woods. Anybody live in the Saltash Plymouth area willing to show me the cycling trails there.
    I have been there a few times and can only find the blue arrowed main trail I am retired do can go anytime .mail bwizz60@gmail.com

snaps
    Free Member
    dabaldie
    Free Member

XC or jumps? Most are easy to find. Either go to the top car park and ride down the main fire road looking left and right you’ll see them everywhere.
    Failing that the bottom car park on the plymvalley cycle route, head North until you see a kissing gate on the right. In there…. climb and then have fun.

Failing that sign up for the mud and sweat night race this Saturday evening and you’ll be able to race most of them!!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

All as above. I might be there Friday depends on day off agreed and then school run ….. day time 10:30 ish at B and Q car park.

crazyjenkins01

The blue trail isn’t in Cann woods (Forrestey Commision). That part is Plym Bridge Woods (National Trust). Cann is the other side. Do you follow the Drakes Trail up from Coypool/ Plym Bridge or down from Yelverton/Clearbrook?

You doing the Nigh Rider on Saturday dabaldie?

carlphillips
    Free Member

edit re read your post, ignore me

if you mail me in a few weeks i can show you around, bad back stops play atm

dabaldie
    Free Member

Yep I’ll be there crazyjenkins. I’ll be on my epic, start on the front row, rapidly work way way to the back on the first climb and work my way forwards again until the next climb.. and repeat.
    See you there?
    In his defence I wonder if he means the blue waymarked walking trails… its easy to get confused.

crazyjenkins01

Will be. I’ll be on my Bossnut, almost at the back and blowing out my ar£e after the first climb. Might have to wear something flashy and/or written on so you can find me! Well that is if I can find how to get there, I usually park at plymbridge on the Wrigleys side.
    Did you do Haldon?

I didn’t realise the walking trails were marked blue? Thought they were green or white or something!

bwizz
    Free Member

I came in from the kissing gate on right leaving Drakes trail There are blue signs marking the main walking routes.been a bit grim this last few days so not got that way this week. Been on the Plymbridge blue and red trails looking for something a bit more demanding

jler1985

I will be riding at Cann tomorrow morning, send me an email if you want to tag a long.

crazyjenkins01

Seems the right kinda area bwizz. Not sure where the XC routes are (partly why I’m doing mud and sweat), but all the jump lines are off to the left from the top of the hill from the kissing gate.

bwizz
    Free Member

Is there a cafe in Can Woods?

crispybacon
    Free Member

No 🙂 HTH 😉

jam-bo

there is ice-cream van in plymbridge car park on weekends…

crazyjenkins01

Ice cream van one side of the bridge, coffee/ice cream/snacks the other in summer. Coffee van there most of the time.

carlphillips
    Free Member

@bwizz If you are looking for more demanding tracks then head over to woolwell side, lots of steep techy lines there, cann is a bit rubbish for anything demanding really.
    I won’t be riding for some time now due to my back but I’m sure someone on here could show you woolwell side..

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Inspired by this thread we went down to Canns this afternoon. Found a few cool little lines by taking a right turn at the crossroads where the trail back to the kissing gate starts. I seem to end up either riding across the moor or on DH tracks so it was nice to do something in between.

This Woolwell side stuff sounds intriguing, I’ll check that out some time.

bwizz
    Free Member

Ta I’ll chase that up

carlphillips
    Free Member

Darklake Cl, Plymouth PL6 7TJ

if you park here and go through Nordic installations carpark, at the bottom is a gravel path, one line starts there, there are around 6 lines that side, at the bottom of the runs you can see over the fireroad, on that hill there are another 5 runs, all steep tech and fast as you dare, enjoy.

bwizz
    Free Member

Thanks for that I’ll google Nordic installations

crazyjenkins01

Nice one Carl, I might go for a look too. Haven’t been Spanish side yet.

carlphillips
    Free Member

for me its the only worthwhile riding in the area other than ‘TKY’ starting up by the picnic benches in Cann side.
    All the stuff in Cann especially the jumpy area is shocking, small 1ft kickers into crappy built berms with little or no thought to how it would ride..tis a shame really as it could be a half decent place to ride.

jam-bo

Burrator is fun when it dries out.

crazyjenkins01

To be fair Carl, while it may not be the best it’s still a damn site better than some stuff around. And certainly better than nothing!

carlphillips
    Free Member

ye I agree on that, I’ve been building stuff in there since the early 90’s and it used to have half decent lines that were kept fairly well, after the last clearance it seemed there was a rush to get lines up quickly and sadly its been left like that.
    I’ve become disheartened with the building there so now build/maintain elsewhere (when I can) and do the odd bit of tidying/improving in cann if I see something which can be done easily, but wouldn’t put any decent amount of energy into cann as it just gets ruined by the kidz.
    have you guys ridden grogley or cafside? nice trails there.

bwizz
    Free Member

I went into the Nordic area today. I couldn’t find any jumpy bits. Plenty of tricky descents and very slippy after the recent rain. Bit short to .It will take me ages to find my way around in this area.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Cann Woods Help’ is closed to new replies.