Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Canklow Woods
  • karlwoof
    Free Member

Found an old trail in Canklow woods and thought with some TLC it would be pretty sweet and very local.

Question is: is it run down because of land owner / access issues and i’d do well to stay away? Or did it just stop getting used and ended up how it is?

Any advice appreciated.

Ta.
    Karl

benjii19
    Free Member

rotherham?

karlwoof
    Free Member

yeah, should have been clearer!

Pook

Sounds like that downhill run Ben. I might enter that next year

benjii19
    Free Member

It’s owned by rotherham council. A group called canklow riders were in talks last year with the council to sort something out. They generally turned a blind eye to trails but when someone stuck a ladder drop in they pulled it down. Yes pool there was an unofficial race last year, can’t see it going ahead again though.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Canklow Woods 😯
    Scary place of my yoof, trust it’s less, err…dangerous than it used to be?
    Would guess it’s council land as it comes off Boston Park – seem to remember some furore about someone trying to develop it ages ago and it being a ‘green space’.
    I’d try the council if you are looking for official sanction to build/rebuild a trail.

karlwoof
    Free Member

Seemed fine when I was in there Rogerthecat.

A ladder drop? sounds pretty spicy ha! I wasn’t planning on anything like that, tidying up what is currently there and a few bits and pieces.

Will enquire with the council though.

Cheers!

reedspeed
    Free Member

Whereabouts issit exactley ?,anywhere near that sex shop !,cos I know where that is …

benjii19
    Free Member

Opposite the sex shop!!! Few ways in one being Boston castle

karlwoof
    Free Member

Yeah, near the dildo parlor. Best way into the trail is the path just left of the Holiday Inn.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Next time I’m over visiting the ‘Olds’ I’ll bring my bike, not ridden in there since the mid 80s, may bring my Xmas money too 😀

karlwoof
    Free Member

if you fancy a riding partner send me an email and I’ll come out!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Certainly will, cheers Karl

reedspeed
    Free Member

rogerthecat
    may bring my Xmas money too

Seriousley,i know a lass who works in theer,ooh matron.. 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Canklow Woods’ is closed to new replies.