Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Canfield Yelli Screamy Stockists
  • heihei

Anyone stock these apart from Charlie the Bikemonger? He’s showing them for £850 which seems rich vs the $650 US retail price even allowing for the usual taxes & import costs etc.

wallop

What would the import taxes amount to? Canfield charge $200 for shipping.

Gotama
    Free Member

I bought mine second hand from a guy on mtbr due to the hideous cost of the frames in the UK. As mentioned above its the canfield shipping cost which kills us, plus the 20% import duty. Truly brilliant frames though.

weeksy

You can buy them from Canfield Europe for about £50-75 less than CTBM…. However, if something goes wrong, you’re then shipping back to Europe. Obviously a cost and waiting time associated.

CTBM is the cheapest way to get a Yelli new in the UK

heihei

Gotama – where are you based? Would love to try one…..

Gotama
    Free Member

Down south, peaslake to be precise. Welcome to have a go if you’re local, mine is an xl though.

heihei

Right location wrong size! Am in Holmbury but would ride a medium. Cheers for the offer though. How do you rate it, particularly around the Surrey Hills?

Gotama
    Free Member

Absolutely brilliant probably sums it up. I’m possibly a bit biased because, on the whole, i prefer a hardtail round the surrey hills as i think it makes the majority of trails more interesting. To put this in some context i enjoy riding all the stuff round there from the steeper stuff on pitch, the various runs on winterfold, occasional redlands visits etc. Head angle is plenty slack enough but the short stays keep it nimble. Very easy to pop the front end up and it makes you want to hop off things and generally play around. In a lot of ways it reminds me of the dialled alpine i had a few years ago but, for me, the big wheels make a huge difference. Incredibly stable at pace as well, even when the ground gets a little rough. The frame is stiff but you don’t get beaten up on it; it’s kind of strange. Certainly feels like it is more compliant than an On One 456 and the aforementioned alpine but how much of that is to do with the big wheels smoothing stuff out i don’t know.

Overall i enjoy riding it round there much more than the five that preceded it.

Any specific questions let me know.

If i had one criticism then on a vain note the frame is perhaps not the best looking. Something about the swoopy top tube.

If a short run down one of the trails is any use despite it being way too big let me know. Fwiw its set up with a 55mm stem and wide bars.

heihei

Interesting and sounds very much what I’m looking for. Been riding a Camber 29er for the last few months in preference to my Mojo HD so am a def convert to 29ers around the Surrey Hills. I’ve always liked to ride a hardtail too, esp in winter, and had previously run a Ti 456 (now sold) and an Evil Sovereign (in the process of selling), so am looking for something that is lightweight but playful over the sort of trails you mention.
    Are you riding this weekend?

Gotama
    Free Member

Yeah, intending to head out early ish (9) tomorrow morning with a mate unless its raining in which case I might switch to sunday at the same time since the weather looks better. I’m only at the top of hoe lane so i can easily pop down to meet you by the shop at some point over the weekend.

heihei

Looking to head out tomorrow too from Walking Bottom if you’re around but no worries if not. Reckon I’d struggle to get a good idea of the ride from an XL but would be good to see one in the flesh. Forecast not good though!

PS What forks are you running, and how tall for the XL?

Gotama
    Free Member

Yes, possibly a bit like steering a barge!

I’m using the Marz 44 at the moment as i got a great deal on them with the frame but i’m unconvinced by them. The lower legs seem to flutter quite a bit on light braking and i can’t seem to get them set up to my liking although the latter could just be me. Would like to try something stiffer though. Currently got them set at 120mm having started off at 140, but i think i prefer the lower setting around us due to the angles; particularly on the flatter stuff.

I’m 6ft 3 but all arms and torso. As i say, weather permitting I’ll be down there at 9 tomorrow morning. Its a big purple frame with clueless rider attached so give me a shout if you see me. Real world name is Steve!

weeksy

Gotama – Member
    Yes, possibly a bit like steering a barge!

I’m using the Marz 44 at the moment as i got a great deal on them with the frame but i’m unconvinced by them. The lower legs seem to flutter quite a bit on light braking and i can’t seem to get them set up to my liking although the latter could just be me. Would like to try something stiffer though. Currently got them set at 120mm having started off at 140, but i think i prefer the lower setting around us due to the angles; particularly on the flatter stuff.

I’m 6ft 3 but all arms and torso. As i say, weather permitting I’ll be down there at 9 tomorrow morning. Its a big purple frame with clueless rider attached so give me a shout if you see me. Real world name is Steve!

Is this my old bike ?

Gotama
    Free Member

Nope, came direct from the old US of A.

tealeith
    Free Member

I have a Yelli too, it appears there are atleast two in the Surrey
    Hills as I live on Leith Hill.

It is my first 29er though I don’t think of it in those terms, just as a really able
    and nimble trail bike that almost feels like it has a rear shock at times.

I think of it as an Orange P7 on steroids which is incidentally what it has replaced.
    My P7 had 150mm Revelation forks and this 120mm DT Swiss though they feel longer and
    plusher than the 150s! Not sure how that works (the bigger wheels?)

Brilliant bike, love it. Very stiff, light, the front end is so poppable and it loves
    dropping and jumping and really inspires confidence.

I read all the reviews before hand and all the superlatives about fun, fun, fun are completely true.

Mine came from Bike Monger too, the price is still amazing for the bike it creates, I genuinely prefer it to my
    (admittedly ageing 8 year old) 6″ travel full suss Yeti 575.

Mine is a medium frame (I am 5′ 11″) if it helps?

wobbem
    Free Member

3, mines a medium

davefarmer
    Free Member

Gotama, did I “bump” into you the other night? On a singular?

I was riding an Orange Clockwork 29r, a bike I recommend trying, 120mm fork, lively hardtail, set my fastest time down “Eric” on it the other day!

tealeith
    Free Member

Maybe we should set up a Canfield owners club (Surrey Hills branch) 😉

singlecrack
    Free Member

4 I have a medium .but I’m in Somerset …as said above its like a dialled alpine but with 29er wheels ….I loves it

wobbem
    Free Member

Maybe we should set up a Canfield owners club (Surrey Hills branch)

I currently have the forks of the Yelli and running them on my Prophet bastard. Will stick em back when it gets drier. I took it to Les Arc last year and it loved it. A 140 /110mm talas makes it 2 bikes in one.
    I am a regular with these guys, sadly the only 29er rider. You’re welcome to ride along
    http://www.diaryofamountainbiker.com/%5D

Gotama
    Free Member

Dave, yep that was me on the singular, the orange looked good, nice bright paint scheme.

heihei

Didn’t get out in the end today…..3 things conspired….poor weather, a mild cold, and waking up to find the dog had shat all over the kitchen! Maybe I’ll have better luck tomorrow!

Tealeith…..any chance of swinging a leg over yours? It sounds like my kind of bike, but am also tempted by the Titus Fireline esp now Brant is offering them for £500!

tealeith
    Free Member

I rode Leith today, truly disgusting mud at the moment, when will it finally dry up!?

HeiHei, I live near Coldharbour so only one hill away from you if you want to take a look.

Potentially riding tomorrow lunchtime-ish with a pal if you want to tag along and do a swappsy on a couple of trails?

I have flat pedals so easy to try depending of course on whether you have cleat shoes or not.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Canfield Yelli Screamy Stockists’ is closed to new replies.