Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Canfield Nimble 9 – Any out there?
  • WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

As title.

Anyone got one? Is it suitable as an all day trail bike? The only concern I have is the weight of the frame which is ca. 6lb iirc.

Opinions please.

Mucho appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Bump…

GregMay
    Free Member

Have ridden. Didn’t get on with it. Know two others who’ve ridden and loved. I also know one person who owns, and loves, his.

Keep an eye on the mag. That’s all I’ll say.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Girlfriend rides mine mainly now. Nice ride, had mine as a ss, gears, rigid and hardtail, all rode well.

The frame weight isn’t an issue, it was lighter than my old kinesis steel 26er.

Would I buy one again? Probably not as I spend a lot more time on my krampus.

bigblackshed

It’s a frame I’d like to try along with the Yelli Screamy. But the price is certainly off putting. They were about $650 with $200 P&P plus import duty. Dealers in the UK want about £850. That’s a lot for a hardtail.

Actually I’d prefer a steel version of the Yelli I think.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I thought they were the same geo as the Yelli.I bloomin loved mine (Yelli) 😥

singlecrack
    Free Member

Had both Yelli and N9 …….Sold Yelli kept N9 for years ……Yelli was far too harsh for all day or even half a day…N9 was great ..ran it SS rigid and with 120forks ………felt better rigid for me …..would I buy agian …..No …I have a Stooge now and it rides better than the N9 …in rigid form

bigblackshed

I thought the Yelli was a bit longer in the TT and a bit slacker. But just checking their website and the are almost the same except the TT and seat tube angle.

Saying that all of the geo stays the same whether there’s a 100, 120, or 140mm fork on it except the head angle. So the chart is utter bobbins.

singlespeedstu

Mrs stu has an N9 and i have a Yelli.
    They ride very similar to each other in my view.
    Have you thought about a 2Souls Quarterhorse?
    I also have one of those and like it a lot more than either of the Canfields.

Pics you say?
    Go on then.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/aiRprG]2011_0902cyb0042[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pHszC2]Nimble9 Build[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/qLjQXH]2Souls[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

vondally
    Free Member

Following thread with interest, what makes the quarter horse superior?

singlespeedstu

It encourages more hooliganism. 🙂

ontor
    Free Member

I was looking at one for a while but settled on a honzo, very simmilar angles but enormously cheaper.

vondally
    Free Member

hooliganism……..okay………any subtly in the ride ???

bigblackshed

singlespeedstu – Member
    It encourages more hooliganism.

Like that comment. A lot.

singlespeedstu

It’s less harsh on the rear than the Yelli.
    But it is still a hardtail that’s designed for smashing into stuff rather than doing 100 miles in one hit.

19ninety
    Free Member

The Yelli is a freaking beast, you build it to do what you want it to do, or you can build it to do everything (Dual position forks FTW).

Sunday 12th April 100km HoNC ride, on my Yelli – no problem.

It climbs.
    It smashes trails.
    It eats up XC.
    Show it the slightest descent and you’ll feel like Danny Hart*.

My Yelli has turned me in to a hideous trail slaying hardcore hard tail monster**. And I love it.

I’m so cool since I bought one that if I were to show you a photo of me, you eyes would freeze. Ice cool!
    Buy one today and I GUARANTEE your balls will increase by 67.2% with in 24hrs***, or your money back.

Yep, thats a Singletrack MuckyNutz FaceFender

*None scientifically proven fact.
    ** Also a none scientifically proven fact.
    *** This also is a none scientifically proven fact.

z1ppy

3.2lb Carbon Canfield anyone?

STW news

19ninety
    Free Member

As sexy as the EPO is, carbon scares me. For that money, Ti.

414mm chain stays and a light frame, I can only imagine it’s even more fun than the Yelli!

warns74
    Free Member

Love that EPO, but why no XL? 🙁

Rorschach
    Free Member

The large Epo reach is the same as an xl yelli.But I’d need a bloomin long seatpost.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Canfield Nimble 9 – Any out there?’ is closed to new replies.