• This topic has 16 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Canecreek inline for Kona Process 153
  • neenan1
    Free Member

Hi

Am I right in thinking the DB Inline will fit a Kona Process 153 as the eyelet (2014 onwards) is 15mm?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Amy reason not to go for the ccdb air cs?

Edit
    Just seen the price of the ccdb air cs. £575! I paid £485 with a custom tune back in August 2014.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Db inline is listed against kona process 153 2014 on cane creeks fit finder.

https://www.canecreek.com/store/suspension/double-barrel

Hicksy
    Free Member

I did ask TF Tuned about an Inline for my Process 111. They said it wasn’t really suited to bike due, to the suspension design (and the fact that I’m about 90kgs). Might just be worth checking with the experts first, if you haven’t done so already.

Goldigger
    Free Member

That was my thoughts, hence why I asked why you haven’t gone for the ccdb air.
    Wasn’t there a long thread on here where the outcome was the inline was OK if you were below a certain weight?

neenan1
    Free Member

Thanks for the feed back and will have a look for thread.

Was looking at a second hand Inline hence not the CCDB.
    Think you have to buy them with the special eyelet for the Process.

sweaman2
    Free Member

If it’s second hand check it’s been fully serviced and had all the warranty upgrades. They are / were very unreliable.

poah
    Free Member

They are / were very unreliable.

mine was perfect

chakaping
    Free Member

It will fit fine but please don’t do it.

Put one on mine last summer before a trip to Italy, it lasted a total of four rides before the damping died on day two at Finale Ligure – it wasn’t brilliant fun riding Madonna della Guardia with a bike that felt and sounded like an barn door blowing in the wind.

The Cane Creek expert at TF Tuned hypothesised that the transverse mounting may have made the internals more vulnerable – or maybe it’s just not up to the beating the Process dishes out. It’s not exactly a delicate bike.

neenan1
    Free Member

Was that a new shock as well?

I thought they had sorted out the issues on the later models.

JackHammer

I did ask TF Tuned about an Inline for my Process 111. They said it wasn’t really suited to bike due, to the suspension design (and the fact that I’m about 90kgs). Might just be worth checking with the experts first, if you haven’t done so already.

Did they recommend a different shock, just intrigued as to options. Love my process to bits. Need to send the rear shock off for a service.

chakaping
    Free Member

Was that a new shock as well?

Yep, brand new.

I thought they had sorted out the issues on the later models.

I don’t believe this. The new DBair IL apparently has some real design changes to improve reliability. But if it’s still just a one-year warranty they won’t get any more of my money.

Did they recommend a different shock,

When I emailed Kona HQ before, they said the Fox X2 was the best choice. Then the CCDB Air. Perhaps the Vivid Air could be another option, if you can live without a climb switch? I reckon that would work great with the Process.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Jack – On the 111 (quite a short stroke shock) they told me the Monarch was the best bet (which is what I already had). This was a couple of years ago, so it may be different now with newer shocks.

sweaman2
    Free Member

poah. Some people will be lucky. I got through 3 before making it a very expensive paperweight and buying an X2.

When media are readily talking about how unreliable they were I think it’s worth being buyer beware.

There’s no way to talk about the C-Quent without addressing another topic: the widely known reliability issues of the DBinline, a shock that the C-Quent very much resembles, at least externally. 

The DBinline’s woes aren’t a secret – I’ve written about multiple test bikes whose shocks eventually gave up, as have other editors here on Pinkbike – and Cane Creek never denied the problem, either. But what exactly was the issue? And is it truly sorted out? Will future DBinline and C-Quent shocks run trouble-free or will they be wheezing after only a handful of rides?

From pinkbike

Onzadog
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/2CPEWfkyvX8[/video]

This helps explain one of the issues I think.

kimbers

Good video onzadog, I’d be wary of the cc, horror stories aside, I’ve found the process being so stiff and encouraging you to go big means that components take a real beating. The fox certainly seems to have a much better designed seal head.

I’d recommend a climb switch or lock out though

poah
    Free Member

a lot stems from bikes with a yolk rather than a rocker like what I had. I don’t doubt there has been an issue with the shock though. Currently running a DB IL coil.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Canecreek inline for Kona Process 153’ is closed to new replies.