• This topic has 23 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jabbi.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cane Creek Enduro FOrk
  • honourablegeorge

Looks quite nice. My OCD dislikes a QR on the disc side though

Newsflash! Cane Creek Launches Enduro Fork – The Helm

thepodge
    Free Member

Way more info on pinkbike about it

chakaping
    Free Member

Took me about six clicks to find what wheelsize they are.

Comments on Pinkbike will be lively, I bet.

ratherbeintobago

I wonder what the threaded holes on the reverse of the arch are for…

jerseymountainbiker
    Free Member

Looks nice but after getting stung on the Inline shock (hardly used but insisting I pay to correct thier poor design) I will never be buying any Cane Creek products again.

chakaping
    Free Member

After reading the PB write-up, I’d be interested to try one.

But wouldn’t buy if it only has a one-year warranty like their shocks.

legend
    Free Member

woohoo, a more faffy version of dual-air is back!

kimbers

ratherbeintobago – Member
    I wonder what the threaded holes on the reverse of the arch are for…

oooh integrated mudguard like dvo, like that, no more crappy zip ties

still would be wary of dropping a grand after rear shock reliability stories tho

sweaman2
    Free Member

jerseymountainbiker + 1

I will not be going near any of their shocks front or rear for a long time as I currently have a very expensive paperweight at home…

I’d rank the experience worse than with Sweamrs and a first generation Spesh Epic rear shock (and for those of you who experienced that you’ll know that’s a low marker but at least Spesh had a longer warranty)

otsdr
    Free Member

It’s alive! (from the Pinkbike development story)

ratherbeintobago

oooh integrated mudguard like dvo,

It’s the future!

poah
    Free Member

only in boost flavour. same rrp as the pike.

just to balance the CC reliability, I had no issues with my inline or my current IL coil.

oldeh
    Free Member

wish I had the money to try it out! I seem to be one of the few inline owners that’s still a big fan of cane creek!

nickc

I’d be more tempted if there wasn’t as much adjustability. Sounds a little counter intuitive I know, but I think it would help to allay fears of its reliability if it didn’t have so many bells and whistles

oldeh
    Free Member

if it didn’t have the adjustability I don’t think it would be competitive enough against the competition

honourablegeorge

Doesnt really have any adjustability that a 36 doesnt have, except the positive/negative thing which you do’t ever need to mess with once setup – the button looks like an easy way to do that, as opposed to the fiddling involved with equalising forks otherwise.

The volume adjuster thing is a neat idea too, not as neat as DVO or MRP, but less faff than buying and fitting tokens/spacers

kimbers

I think that theyve had to go with seperate +ve/-ve setup shows they know their own sealing wouldnt be up to the job, they admit as much in the PB article

Rubber_Buccaneer

but haven’t they included an air spring volume adjuster that relies on the same kind of sealing?

legend
    Free Member

They’ve also included a valve system for the -be spring which means extra sealing

honourablegeorge

kimbers – Member
    I think that theyve had to go with seperate +ve/-ve setup shows they know their own sealing wouldnt be up to the job,

They did that because it eliminates a seal – if the chambers aren’t separate, there has to be some way for air to move between them. Inside 36s there’s a rod with a channel in it that passes air between the chambers – I’ve had mine clog with grease. Would deffo prefer separate chambers.

honourablegeorge

Rubber_Buccaneer – Member
    but haven’t they included an air spring volume adjuster that relies on the same kind of sealing?

Not really – it doesn’t move with the motion of the fork, it’s just a static plate with an o-ring around the edges. It’s not going to introduce any friction because it doesn’t move.

legend – Member
    They’ve also included a valve system for the -be spring which means extra sealing

Again, it would have a seal, but only needs to move when you push the button, and won’t be moving with motion of the fork.

legend
    Free Member

Still not sure what seal you think it eliminates though? It’ll still have a piston seal and another smaller one on the seal-head that see movement, the same as everyone else.

Rubber_Buccaneer

and it may not move but Kimbers was questioning the sealing and it certainly has to do that

jabbi
    Free Member

It eliminates the transfer port (the dimple machined in the stanchion) that is constantly moving over a seal causing wear, I can see why they’d get rid of this, given recent reliability issues.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek Enduro FOrk’ is closed to new replies.