Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cane Creek DU bush sizes, appears to be an odd size?
  • Woodentop
    Free Member

Evening, fitting some new shock bushes to a pals Cane Creek DB Air shock, he purchased the parts from TF and (on paper) seem to be correct for that shock.
    14.7mm OD & 12.7mm ID DU bush, M8 x 22 hardware
    The issue is that one end of the shock measures 14.85mm ID and the other end measures 14.95mm ID, so the DU bush is loose, you can freely push it in by hand.
    Cane Creek list a few different sizes, 14.70mm / 15.07mm / 16.00mm, so non of those appear to be any use?
    I’ll give TF a call tomorrow, but just wondered if anyone else had similar issues?

Cheers

RickDraper
    Free Member

Someone has probably used a standard DU bush removal tool and enlarged the eyelets. Only option is taking it to a engineering shop and have them bored out to 15.07mm.

Woodentop
    Free Member

Nah, there’s still signs of the black anodising inside the eyelets, so they haven’t been enlarged.
    Just having another look at it, original DU bushes are different thickness, one measures around 0.98mm and the other 1.16mm, so looks like originally one was 14.7mm and the other was 15.07mm
    Still doesn’t help that 14.7mm bush is still abit loose in the smaller of the eyelets though, i’ll sort some 15.07mm bushes and have a weigh up, can always open the eyelet up to suit the larger bush.

Cheers

teethgrinder
    Woodentop
    Free Member

Cheers, i did come across that, it was the fact that the eyelet sizes on the shock didn’t seem to tally up with the DU bush sizes.
    Got some 15.07mm bushes on the way, so we’ll have a weigh when they turn up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek DU bush sizes, appears to be an odd size?’ is closed to new replies.