Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cane creek double barrel on a orange 5. what rear shock do you run ?
  • norcosix
    Free Member

looking at upgrading my rear fox rp23 to a cane creek double barrel coil or air.

I was wondering if anyone has done this and how they found the change ?

what rear shock do you run on your orange five ?

dirtyboy

I have a Ccdb for dh type stuff and a boggo rp23 for xc, Ccdb kills the bike on xc for me and dulls it unless it’s pointing downhill

stevede
    Free Member

Exactly the same as dirtyboy here too. Run my rp23 with a medium air spacer from mojo to stop it from bottoming out at preferred sag for the majority of my riding then a ccdb for dh. The ccdb climbs surprisingly well at the base settings too but it’s just extra unnecessary weight for less full on stuff-comes into its own when I’m wanting my five to be a mini dh bike though.

jam-bo

Old skool vanilla RC. It’s awesome and was 1/10th of the price of a CCDB

gsp1984
    Free Member

I had the 2012 factory rp23 on my 5, it was fine but never felt quite right, even with 200+psi it would blow through the travel.

I went for the coil CCDB, my experience is that it transformed the bike, downhill was obviously singnificantly, but the most noticeable was going up hill, traction on loose rocks and roots was vastly improved.

On a 5, the weight difference really is irrelevant and no more than a good poo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cane creek double barrel on a orange 5. what rear shock do you run ?’ is closed to new replies.